All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!
Hi everyone and welcome to November's White Space challenge.......... yes, you read right, November!!!!!!! Can't believe we are nearly at the end of another year!
How did everyone survive Halloween??? I didn't see any witches or ghouls flying around down here in Tassie so hope you didn't either, or if you did, hope they were friendly! LOL!
This month it is all about using white space on your layout. What is white space? I really like the way that Cathy Zielske has explained this concept here without getting too technical about it.
"White space is about letting what you have to show and say stand on its own. It's about the drama of a good photo shining in all its glory. It's about giving the eye a much needed rest. It's about purity of intent. It's a calm in the storm of visual life."
As some of you know I am an artsy, grungy and blending type of gal and love creating big messy layouts with lots of paint, gesso and texture. But every once in while I like to create a white space layout .......... and still use my fave tools like blending, paints, gesso and textures, but in a more controlled way.
About the challenge: As the monthly theme here at Oscraps is all about FAMILY, I would like you to create a family orientated white space page. *Your family can be anything or anyone you would like it to be, be it your fur babies, friends, related or non-related family members.
My page: Beautiful Things
My nephew's wife recently sent me this lovely photo of her cousin's twin daughters. The twins have grown up with my nephew's three daughters so I have had the pleasure of watching these two girls 'grow up' through the years. The photo was taken last month so I used it for this challenge as I really wanted it to be the focus of my layout. Even though there is a lot of clustering around and behind the photo, I made sure that all of that receded and blended in with the background so that the photo did stand out on its own. I used @Erika T. et designs' gorgeous Beautiful Things Bundle but you can get the products separately as well.
Now it's your turn, looking forward to seeing your gorgeous layouts as I know just how very creative you ladies are!!
- Create a white space styled layout about family (as explained above*).
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 6 gallery by midnight PST Nov 30 2021 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.
Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.