Oscraps

February Challenge #6 - Color Play

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
1674781918821.png
All members that participate,
can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!

Hi everyone a big welcome to the Color Play challenge for February 2023, I hope that you are all doing well in your little part of the world.

They say that February is the month of love, so that is the theme for this challenge, but I want to see is what do you 'love' about where you live! So let's share what we love about 'our part of the world' in which we live - It could be your house/home, your suburb/town/city or your state/country.

Of course you need to create your layout using some Color Play (formerly Fab Friday Color Play) products, past or present, as long as they are available in the store. So come on, show me part of the world where you live, I love seeing new places! :)

Here is my page, about the little seaside town we live in Tasmania, Australia.

12X12-LIFE-IN-MY-PART-OF-THE-WORLD-700.jpg
Credits are in the gallery.​
For those that would like the journaling to be a bit clearer:​
Port Burnie, Tasmania
Burnie is located on the North West coastline of Tasmania. We bought a house here in August 2019 and just love having the ocean so close to us. We can go for a wander on one of the many beaches around us and we can come down to Port to simply sit on the rocks and watch the ocean ships come and go. The cargo ships are here throughout the year, ferrying goods to our little island state as well as taking products to other places around the world. We have been fascinated with learning about the many different ships that come here and about all the ports they are sailing to when they leave us. In summertime we have a succession of cruise ships that dock here as well, allowing passengers to disembark to be taken on day excursions to various parts of the island.
In the photo to the left, taken in Dec 2019, you can see three ships docked in
the port.From left to right, the Uni Rich/Panama was being loaded with wood chip, not sure where it was sailing to though. Next to it the cruise ship, Vasca da Gama, is being re-supplied while guests are off on day activities, getting ready to sail out again that night. Then on the far right is a ship which is called a RORO ship, which stands for Roll on/Roll off. It is a cargo ship designed to carry wheeled cargo, like cars, motorcycles, and trucks etc so they can be driven on and off when the back part of the ship is lowered. The one you see is called the Victorian Alliance II, there is also the Tasmanian Achiever II, and the two sail between Burnie and Melbourne every day. Both are owned by a company called TOLL. From our front balcony we can see the ships sailing to and fro in the distance and we see the TOLL ship leaving each evening as we are having dinner. I guess it would be pretty much like driving a bus, back and forth, but I don’t envy them when the weather is bad, having to cross Bass Strait when the winds are extra strong and the waves enormous! I always mentally wish them a safe journey when I see the ship sail. :)

RULES:
- Use some Color Play (formerly Fab Friday Color Play) products, past or present, to create a page about what you love about your part of the world, where you live in.
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 6 gallery by midnight PST February 28 2023 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited:

isDK

This is where I live, in my same county anyway, about 30 miles from Rocky Mountain National Park. Thanks for my fave challenge. Everything is ColorPlay I think, and doesn't that mean it's good to recolor stuff? I had fun. :D

Last edited:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!! #cheer-3 Just LOOK at all the wonderful pages that have been added since my last visit!!! #cheer1

I am headed for the gallery right now!!!!!!!! :runningdog::runningdog::runningdog::runningdog: