Oscraps

September 2023 Challenge #1 - Creative Photo Editing

ClaireG

CHEERY O

2018-_CREATIVE-_PHOTO-_EDITING.jpg

All members that participate,
can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!
Hey,

Claire here, I am excited to be hosting the creative photo editing challenge, because this is a bit of a challenge for me too and so I took a look through my layouts for inspiration.
I realised that I apply filters to my photos quite a lot and this is such an easy way to enhance a good photo OR mask/fix a bad photo that you still want to use.

So that is what I want you to do - apply any filter to your photo - SIMPLE!! You can use any program and any filter.

I went with a vintage filter from BeFunky.com - I really liked the colours.
Here are my original and modified photos.

PXL_20230528_195650063.jpg Oscraps_Creative Photo Filter2.jpg
You can see that it really enhances my photo.
I also did another version, so you can see what really creative filters look like.
Oscraps_Creative Photo Filter.jpg
I love how this turned out and I will definitely be using it in the future!

Here is my final layout using Emeto Designs 'Note to Self' Collection.

Oscraps_Sept23_Chall1_CreativePhoto_Note-to-Self.jpg

RULES:
- Apply any filter to your photo and tell me, in this thread, what you used.
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 1 gallery by midnight PST 30th September 2023 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Attachments

• Oscraps_Sept23_Chall1_CreativePhoto_Note-to-Self.jpg
    Oscraps_Sept23_Chall1_CreativePhoto_Note-to-Self.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

isDK

Thanks Claire for the challenge. I use the same filters all the time, to save time. Saving time is usually high on my list. :D

I used Adobe's Neural filter, Landscape Mix, set to Autumn for all 5 photos. It looks like sunrise, but 4 out of 5 photos were actually from the blue hour before sunrise.

ClaireG

CHEERY O
Couldn't resist dropping in! LADIES you are rocking this challenge. I'll hopefully be by at the weekend to comment. x

FloridaGranny

Thanks for being so nice to us; this was a lot of fun. I wound up using a liquid lines filter from Topaz Labs Impression.
Here's my layout:

and here's the original:

Attachments

• Challenge 1 photo for upload.jpg
    Challenge 1 photo for upload.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 0

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Thank you so much for this awesome challenge, Claire! I'm including the original photo of our granddaughter. I used photo apps to change the photo three times. The photo with the pink/coral background is done by using the Brushstroke app with the Amber effect. The little blue 'journal card' with the same photo was made using the Inkwork app. The larger photo on the right was made using the Toon Camera app. It's neat to see three different effects on the same photo.

Brightly.jpg

LazyDaisy

Thank you for the challenge. I first extracted the water in the photo app on my Apple device, I then edited the photo of water using blending by reducing the saturation of the photo & then uesed a blue overlay & a bubble overlay to add to the bubbles (for fun) & airbrush brush. Longer details in description.

Su_Sanne

Thank you so much for this awesome challenge, Claire! I'm including the original photo of our granddaughter. I used photo apps to change the photo three times. The photo with the pink/coral background is done by using the Brushstroke app with the Amber effect. The little blue 'journal card' with the same photo was made using the Inkwork app. The larger photo on the right was made using the Toon Camera app. It's neat to see three different effects on the same photo.

View attachment 402707
What a Beauty, Evelyn!!