Oscraps

A blast from the past - Genealogy in the Gallery - April

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I can't believe it's April already. But I'm really confused. We had beautiful spring weather 2 days ago and my car doors were frozen closed this morning with ice on al the windows. Sigh! It needs to make up it's mind! It's definitely time for a change, so here's the new thread for April.

Okay, now that I've groused a little I want to celebrate a little. I found this nifty LO by @lacy in the gallery. I doesn't contain any kind of demographics or statistical data but it does give us a wonderful window into her family's background. This is the stuff that puts flesh and blood on their bones and brings them alive to us.

I'll also share a LO I made about my cousin's direct line. Benjamin's mother, Ellen Eyre, and my 2X great grandmother, Jane Eyre, were sisters. Their brother George married Holland Catten's sister Alice. Holland was Ellen's husband. Siblings marrying siblings sort of runs in the family! It happened in my Dad's paternal line, too.

Have you got some more jewels to share with us?

mcurtt

What a jewel! This LO speaks so well to the times!
Thank you. It was a photo I recently found doing my magnetic album photo removal. I love that my mother is wearing white socks with her shoes. I just wish I knew the exact year it was taken... I have a thing about dating each photo on a layout, even if it is just a "circa". At least I know that the zoo opened in 1934. And judging from other photos I have of her around that time that are dated, I came up with 1941. It would have been before she married.

Hamer Lodge

forever learning
Sharing one of my favourite layouts. The photo was taken before they emigrated to Australia.

Attachments

• a token of respect.jpg
    a token of respect.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 8

mcurtt

Sharing one of my favourite layouts. The photo was taken before they emigrated to Australia.
What an absolute treasure!!! I love the photo and that letter!!! Amazing that the letter survived all of these years and you were able to pair it with a photo.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
It's been a while since I did any genealogy pages, but this month's challenge template is PERFECT for scrapping a couple, don't you think?

You can always find translations of my journaling in the gallery, but since this forum is about genealogy, I paste it here as well:

Johannes Christiernin (1631-1688) ND Magdalena Simonius (1644-1728) were my grand mother's grand father's grand father's grand father's grand mother's parents. Johannes was a vicar, first in Säter, and later in Fellingsbro. Magdalena was the grand daughter of Johannes Rudbeckius. Johannes and Magdalena had 13 children, and their daughter Margareta married Jacob Gezelius, and from them, I decend. Johannes' sister Christina was grandmother's grandmother to Carl Michael Bellman.

(Both Johannes Rudbeckius and Carl Michael Bellman are important figures in Swedish history. I.e. I'm bragging here LOL)

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
It's been a while since I did any genealogy pages, but this month's challenge template is PERFECT for scrapping a couple, don't you think?

You can always find translations of my journaling in the gallery, but since this forum is about genealogy, I paste it here as well:

Johannes Christiernin (1631-1688) ND Magdalena Simonius (1644-1728) were my grand mother's grand father's grand father's grand father's grand mother's parents. Johannes was a vicar, first in Säter, and later in Fellingsbro. Magdalena was the grand daughter of Johannes Rudbeckius. Johannes and Magdalena had 13 children, and their daughter Margareta married Jacob Gezelius, and from them, I decend. Johannes' sister Christina was grandmother's grandmother to Carl Michael Bellman.

(Both Johannes Rudbeckius and Carl Michael Bellman are important figures in Swedish history. I.e. I'm bragging here LOL)
I so very much echo Kay's words in the gallery - I am grateful for the translation but delighted to shared the Swedish with us. I speak a little German and often find that between it, the little bit of French I retained from College, and the Spanish I learned in grade school, I can often follow along and recognize the words I am reading. I'll probably never be fluent, but I love languages and it makes my heart sing to learn new words!

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
Here's an oldie I did of my parents for a template challenge.

Jean this is so delightful. It's also funny how it takes a photo to remind us that we KNEW our parents when they were that young! And you parents were beautiful!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns What a stunning O! I LOVE her dress! You know, I have several albums - my bucket list, my garden and favorite plants, my dreams, and my art journal that have nothing to do with genealogy but have EVERYTHING to do with genealogy. Who you are is just as important as your ancestors!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns What a stunning O! I LOVE her dress! You know, I have several albums - my bucket list, my garden and favorite plants, my dreams, and my art journal that have nothing to do with genealogy but have EVERYTHING to do with genealogy. Who you are is just as important as your ancestors!
Thanks so much, Susan!! Her dress was just beautiful and my sister still has it. Mom kept her wedding stuff in her cedar chest. My niece wanted to wear it for her wedding, but it was too fragile. She did wear the headpiece, though.