Oscraps

November Challenge #3 - Creative Techniques

ClaireG

CHEERY O
1698157154400.png

All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you! :)

Hi everyone, Claire here with the Creative Techniques Challenge.

I am keeping this super simple for you this month. I want you to add a visible drop shadow to your title and I would like you to use alphas to create part of your title.

There are x2 ways I like to do this using Photoshop and I will show you how to do it using BeFunky, which is a free photo editor and the same principle applies to any photo editor you are using.

First step, once you have your alpha on your page is to group all the letters together
BeachGroup.jpg

Then select the group and go to the bottom left in your layer panel and select FX and you will get this pop-up
BeachFX.jpg

Select drop shadow and you will get this window, now up to you how much you adjust your shadow, just play with the values until you are happy! I tend to adjust my angle and the distance.
BeachDS.jpg

OR if you want an excellent easy quick way to do this and you have a styles shadow pack you can use that and there are tons of variants in these packs. This is a free one if you fancy a try :)
Screenshot 2023-10-24 120916.png

Finally, if you are using Befunky or any other editor, add your alpha word, then select all and you will get an image properties box. This is actually easier than Photoshop, as you get sliders, so you can move them and choose the perfect shadow and not have to worry about values!
BefunkyDS.jpg

Here is my layout, celebrating the beach day I hosted for my friends and family for my 50th birthday and I used a style!
Oscraps_Nov23_Chall3_Beach.jpg

I used - Laitha Sea Shanties collection and Kitty Designs Bunch of Sketches 12

RULES:
- Create a visible drop shadow on your title. Title should be made using alphas.
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 3 gallery by midnight PST November 30 2023 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Attachments

• 1698156982738.png
    1698156982738.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Oscraps_Nov23_Chall3_Beach.jpg
    Oscraps_Nov23_Chall3_Beach.jpg
    468.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Oh, sweet Evelyn.....:hug1: This is a beautiful layout, and I am so happy that you ended up with the salon worker that you did :beatingheart: You WILL beat this and prevail!!! :beatingheart::heartpumpred::heartpumppink::heartpumpred::beatingheart:
Thank you so much, Jenn! I was going to go to another salon but ended up at the other salon. It was the one I needed to be at. The cosmetologist had lost her mom to cancer and had a cousin who is a cancer survivor. She was the person I needed to see to do this. I was really emotional and she was so kind and compassionate. She helped a hard time go a lot easier.

ClaireG

CHEERY O
The beautiful layouts just keep on coming, thank you. I am leaving you love directly on your pages x