Oscraps

October Challenge #7 - Mixed Media

scrapinmom

CHEERY O
2018-_Artsy_Banner.jpg
All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!

Hi everyone I'm Sharon and I am hosting the October Artsy / Mixed Media challenge.

As it is an artsy challenge, you ideally need to use a variety of painterly mediums like brushes, paint splats, overlays, textures, painterly styles, gesso, etc. more artsy-fartsy than just a splash of paint :)

I love a good textured looking page. You can start with a textured mixed media page as I did from Rachel Jeffries Sea Spray. Look for gesso, folds, tears, cloth, dried paint and brushes. I also used some mixed media pieces from AnnaAspnes. I want to see a generous background of textures-at least half of the page or more.

Here is my page. I used a textured paper from R.Jeffries that had plenty of fold and tears, I added fabric, gesso, dried paint and brushes. I also played with the effects on the papers.

Oct2023_mmChall.jpg

RULES:
-Create a mixed media layout with a background of at least 1/2 or more covered in textures as outlined above. .
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 7 gallery by midnight PST October 31 2023 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited:

Christi

Thanks for the challege Sharon. This was a real challenge for me as I don't usually dabble in this style but I was pleasantly surprised by the result. I hope it meets the criteria for mixed media.