Oscraps

September 2023 Challenge #2 - Heritage

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
1691420399179.png

All members that participate, everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!

Welcome to the September Heritage Challenge.
My name is Bright Eyes aka Kay - and I will be your hostess for this Challenge.

Heritage refers to Photos that are at least 5 years old,
The photo/s should be of family or people who are close to you.

For this challenge - photos must be from 2018 or earlier.
Photo must be of family or someone you know
The date must be somewhere on the page

Many members of the family enjoyed traveling and were always ready to go.
Sometimes those trips had an unexpected event occur to cut it short.
I had heard the story of this trip several times.
I found this photo in my Aunt Mary's photos 2 weeks ago
and knew it was perfect for the challenge.

I used Hello Adventure by Palvinka Designs

I am looking forward to seeing your pages.

RULES:
- Photo must be from 2018 or earlier.
- Photo must be of family or someone you know.
- Date of photo must be on the page.

- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 2 gallery by midnight September 30, 2023 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Attachments

• Dec 1958 - Havana2 copy.jpg
    Dec 1958 - Havana2 copy.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
This is Mr. DK and the photo is from 2010, listed in 3 places in journaling. Thanks for the challenge. He bought a new machine and when he saw this it brought back all of how heavy that rental beast was.

Such a fantastic double page spread. LOL over how you got him to take his photo! Marvelous page design and journaling. Thanks for joining the challenge.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Thank you for the hosting Kay. A scrapped a photo of my stepfather stepfather working at the floristry...

Such a lovely white space page featuring your stepfather. The colored frame around the B/W photo with a few other same colored elements draw the eye right to the fabulous photo. Thanks for joining the challenge.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
After my sister's memorial service earlier this summer, I was able to go through some of her photos and captured some that I didn't already have.

Thanks for the challenge, Kay!
So glad that you have your sister's photos... I am sure they are a treasure to you. So sorry that you lost her this year. She is a beautiful lady. Love the beautiful page design you created in her memory. Thanks so much for joining the challenge.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Thanks for the Challenge!!

This LO has a look of the 1940's... love the title font - the black stripes - and fabulous black and white photo! The word strips are perfect. The swirly bits and scatters add just that bit of drama. Love the tan background with the touches of light turquoise. Very eye-catching. Thanks for joining the challenge.