Oscraps

October Challenge #1 - Double Scraplift

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
1695953069847.png

All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!

Hi everyone and welcome to the October Double Scraplift challenge. Like many people, I can't believe that it is October already, the time is just flying past it seems! :airplane:

For this challenge you need to find TWO layouts in the gallery (your choice) and use them for your inspiration to create your AUTUMN/HALLOWEEN themed layout. Even though it is Spring for us down in the Southern Hemisphere, Autumn is still my most fave season so I would love to see all of those gorgeous autumn colours! and for the Halloween enthusiasts, you can add all of your spooky stuff as well! :)

Please include a linked thumbnail image (*see below) of the two layouts you are going to use and of course it is always a kind and thoughtful gesture to leave a comment about why you like the layouts you chose and that you will be scraplifting them. :)

These are the two layouts I chose to scraplift to create my layout.

Layout 1 - Alonea by Geraldine (aka Dady)

Geraldine has been a long time fave scrapper of mine, her layouts are always so very unique and beautiful. I was really liked the page design in this layout, the smaller collection papers and embellishments sitting on the background paper. I also loved the soft natural colours of nature that Geraldine used.

Layout 2 - Crafting My Own Love Story by Marilyn (aka mcurtt)

Another favourite scrapper of mine is Marilyn, I adore the beautiful way in which she layers her paper pieces and other embellishments on her stunning pages. I especially loved the horizontal design of various papers and embellishments in this layout and wanted to use that idea for my page as well.

Combing the two layout inspirations:
So I combined the overall page design in Layout 1 with the horizontal layering paper pieces and embellishmens in Layout 2, and also used the colours of nature in Layout 1 as well.

As this was an autumn themed challenge, I used the softer pastel colours of autumn, the creams and pale pink as well as the browns of dried foliage. The orange and russets I added to give my page more interest. I am more than happy with how it turned out, so many thanks to Geraldine and Marliyn for giving me the inspiration. :)

My layout:
12X12-BUSH-WATTLE---NATURE'S-SONG-800.jpg
Credits are in the gallery.

Now it's your turn, looking foward to seeing what you all come up with!! :dancingdog:

*To insert a linked thumbnail layout into your forum post, use the Copy URL BB code with thumbnail code in the gallery to copy and then paste it into your forum post:

1695954753061.png

RULES:
- Create an Autumn/Halloween themed layout using two layouts as your inspiration. Please include the linked thumbnails (*see above) of the two layouts you select and be sure to leave a comment on them as well. :)
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 1 gallery by midnight PST October 31 2023 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Last edited:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
What a fun challenge, Ona!

Inspired by the woman's face- surrounded by leaves from "October" Layout by "Sylivia"
383308-c07911ec7ebac350309562d1e1f53d0c.jpg

Inspired by the masked eyes from "I See You" Layout by CharleneMitchell
383208-c18f63c377cc427485f961442ac4698d.jpg

Here is my LO

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Thanks for the challenge, Ona!
I used Spa Day by sucali
I was inspired by the split background. I layered the plain paper over the “patterned” paper to divide the page. I added the cloud transfer at the top to overlap the top paper. I added the charm and stitched flower to indicate the page division.

I also used Autumn Day by jirsev
I was inspired by the photos in opposing corners. I used the opposite corners to draw the eye from top left to bottom right.

Here's mine:

char8182

Ona, thanks for this fab challenge!
My inspiration from this page was the bright leaves and paper.
FALL DAYS by vickyday. Thanks Vicky!

My inspiration from this page was the two diagonal photos with wordart and embellishments connecting the photos.
AUTUMN MEMORIES by Sylvia. Thanks Sylvia!

isDK

Thank you for the challenge. :)

Amidst the Leaves by @lacy
full
and
Autumn has arrived by @Pia/Pippin
full

I liked the colors and the cluster placed centrally on both of these pages. I started out to use Anna's frame, but had to give it up to get the balance I needed. Still, inspired to use Anna's frames? LOL

Christi

These are the 2 pages I chose;

I love the story book and the text was beautiful. The forest scene and colourful characters amongst the arching trees helped inspire the theme I went with!

Last edited:

Cath VP

A dust in this great universe
Tank you for this marvelous challenge ! I choose in the gallery a page of Sylvia and the second is from Tativero
Octobre Chall ONA-Double Scraplift-SYLVIA-350px-dreamBig-12oct23.jpg Octobre Chall ONA-Double Scraplift-350px_Tativero_.jpg
I love all blue! I really like the pages of these two talented scrappers and I found it amusing to find 2 pages in the same tones, mirrored and in this style that I particularly like. I modified Anna's brushes and paints to get exactly what I wanted!

Attachments

• Octobre Chall ONA-Double Scraplift-SYLVIA-350px-dreamBig-12oct23.jpg
    Octobre Chall ONA-Double Scraplift-SYLVIA-350px-dreamBig-12oct23.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 2