Oscraps

March Challenge #3 - Recipe

bcgal00

CHEERY O
2018-_RECIPE.jpg
All members that participate,
can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you! :)

Hi, I'm Rae and this month I am hosting Challenge #3 which is a recipe challenge.

There are 5 recipe steps to follow.

Your page design may include additional products but you MUST follow the 5 steps to comply with the rules of this challenge.

1. Use a mask (or create your own mask with brushes) and clip photo(s) to it.
2. Add string, yarn, thread or stitches to your page.
3. Add an element to your page and then duplicate it at least once or more.
4. Add a black scribble, stamp, doodle or paint splat.
5. Add a colored title, may be font or WA, or use both.

You may finish you page, adding more to your design, as long as it includes the 5 steps outlined above. Have fun!

My layout has a masked photo, stitches, duplicated flowers/greenery, black text stamp and border, orange title.
onthechimney-L.jpg

RULES:
- Your layout needs to include the 5 steps.
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 3 gallery by midnight PST March 31, 2023 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited:

isDK

Thanks for the challenge. I duplicated the chain hangar element, used Lorie Davison's stitches and Rachel's black stamp to show off Natali's paper mask. And finished with some Anna paper and her wordart.

FloridaGranny

Thanks for a fun challenge! I enjoyed putting this together... and it gave me a chance to use the Simply Spring Collab, too. (No new purchase gathers dust on my computer, LOL)
The mask and stitching came from Anna Aspnes Urban Threadz frame. The elements and paint spat came from Simply Spring as did the colorful overlay on my title.

Last edited:

zlemon

Christy
Fab challenge, thanks for hosting, Rae. I'm more of free-form artist, so using a recipe was good change for me. I used everything and a touch more.

Used

Anisoptera | The Complete Mixed Media Collection by Rachel Jefferies

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Thank you so much for the fun challenge!
I used the flower bundle four times.
I have a black flowered stamp behind my photo.
I have a string bow on the corner of my photo.
I recolored the title from black to blue using the eyedropper to match the color from our grandson's Easter basket.
I used a photo mask on the photo of the Easter Bunny holding our grandson's photo. Since it was 2020 and COVID was in full swing, someone posted a photo of an Easter bunny holding a blank canvas so you could add your child's photo. Therefore, you could have a photo of your child "with the Easter Bunny".