Oscraps

October Challenge #6 - One Word

*gina*

CHEERY O
2018-_Word_Challenge_Header.jpeg

All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this
challenge so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!

Hi everyone - Gina here with the One Word Challenge.

I can't believe it's October already.

Here in Germany, October is very different - sometimes sunny and warm, sometimes cold and wet -
but the trees loose their leaves.

In this challenge I want you to use the word "Fall" or "Autumn". But of course not just like that...

Use a neutral background, 1 photo and 1 mask for your autumn image. Write the word "fall" or "autumn" on part of the mask.
The color doesn't matter - but the font should be bold and clear.

Now select the word and then set this layer to invisible. You only see the ant lines.

selection.jpg

Now go to the mask layer and press the delete key. Your background should now be visible.

Hold the selection. Add a new layer and fill it with a gradient using the colors in your layout.
Now you can deselect.

You can add an inner shadow to the gradient layer if you want.

Add a cluster only with leaves to your layout - you can also use one neutral stamp.
No other elements, templates or word art allowed.

My example:
fall.jpg

using Shelter For The Fall by Simplette Scrap
Simplette_ShelterForTheFall_BUNDLE_PV.jpg

Have fun and I'm looking forward to your pages.
RULES:
- Create a layout with a neutral background and a mask by using the word "fall" or "autumn" The word must be filled with a gradient using the colors in your layout. Add a cluster with leaves. No other elements, templates or word art allowed.
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 6 gallery by midnight PST October 31 2022 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited:

myla

could give you details regarding the photo requested S V P
black and white photo? in a mask or frame? what kind of photo?
Thank you in advance

*gina*

CHEERY O
could give you details regarding the photo requested S V P
black and white photo? in a mask or frame? what kind of photo?
Thank you in advance
It isn't necessary to use a b/w photo - it depends on what suits your layout and kit best.
It can be a photo of a tree, leaves or also a person - it's up to you
No frame - only a mask. I didn't use a frame for my layout - I only duplicated my photo with the rectangular section of the mask and add a little shadow.
Hope this helps.

*gina*

CHEERY O
Doesn't look like fall, but it really is! My DGD in Miami. Credits in gallery

Fall can have so many colors, Mary-Lynne. You chose a gorgeous photo for your page and your title is fantastic with the gradient - also the leaf cluster.
Thank you so much for taking part in my challenge.

*gina*

CHEERY O

*gina*

CHEERY O