Oscraps

July Challenge #5 - Artist Inspiration

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
1688170748695.png

All members that participate, everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you! :)

I am excited to be back hosting one of my favorite challenges, the Artist Inspiration Challenge. For this challenge, we are going to let an artist's work of art inspire our layouts. Maybe it's the colors the artist used. Maybe it's the style. Or the subject matter. It's however, you are inspired to create by the image.

For July, we are going to be using the paintings of Iris Scott for our inspiration. Haven't heard of her? Don't worry, she is a new discovery to me as well. But when I saw her paintings, I knew that her art is where I wanted to seek inspiration this month.

Here is a mood board I created with a few examples of Ms. Scott's art. However, you don't have to use any of these paintings as your inspiration. (But you are more than welcome to do so.) Click on the link above to check out all her art and see what inspires you.

irisscottmoddboard.jpg

When creating your page, please remember not to include the actual painting on your page as it could be a violation of copyright. Rather just use the image to inspire you. When you post your page in this thread, please share with us which of Ms. Scott's paintings inspired you.

Here is my page.

LittleFlower800.jpg

This is the page that inspired me. I was inspired by the colors and all the flowers.

papoula-iris-scott.jpg
RULES:
- Create a page inspired by the paintings of Iris Scott.
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 5 gallery by midnight PST 31 JULY 2023 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Last edited:

isDK

Not sure when I'll deliver, but this is the one that jazzed me right up. :D

salvador-iris-scott.jpg

It was the colors and the splashes and the cuteness that got me. I had some bunny photos and my new 52-Inspirations to use...

Last edited:

Kythe

Last edited:

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
These pages remind me once again why this is one of my absolute favorite challenges.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Oh DANG, Cindy-- what an absolutely awesome artist. This is going to be a very fun challenge, but I need to think about it first.
*puts thinking cap on my head and wanders through her website*

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I feel like my brain has been fried by the heat but clearly y'all's brains are in good shape. These are all so awesome.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O