Oscraps

July Challenge #1 - Artsy / Mixed Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

*gina*

CHEERY O
1688104176866.png

All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!

Hi everyone - my name is Gina and I welcome you to a new Artsy / Mixed Media Challenge.

As you all know a Mixed Media page has a variety of mixed mediums such as gesso,
paint (splatters, strokes, blobs, splats), stamps, stencils etc.

For this challenge you need 2 papers.

Open a background of your choice - I used a mixed media paper.
Put the second paper on your background - it should be a patterned or mixed media paper.

Apply a layer mask (Layer -> Layer Mask -> Hide All)
layerpalette.jpg

Find a brush of your choice (set the opacity to nearly 77%)
and brush some parts of the second paper
on your background paper.
You can see a small change, but nothing more.

In your layer palette double click on your second paper.
The Layer Style palette will open.
Mark Bevel & Emboss and change the size to 8.
layerstylebevel.png

Then mark Texture.
Choose a pattern and change the depth.
layerstyletexture.png

Now it should look something like this.
brushedpapertexture.jpg

Now add your elements, paints, gesso, splatters etc.

But a little twist.
I would like to see
only 1 photo - it must be framed and must have a splatter behind it.

For my page I used the new collection "Pause-ability" by Vicki Robinson Designs
balanced.jpg
RULES:
- Create a Mixed Media page by using 2 papers with the technique described and 1 framed photo with a splatter behind it.
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 1 gallery by midnight PST July 31 2023 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited:

sandra-9663

Thanks for the Challenge!!
I love to learn new things in Photoshop, and this was Wonderful. Thank you so much!!
I used a soft muted paper for my background and a bright mixed paper for the brushed layer.
I used the leaves texture in the "tree" section.

*gina*

CHEERY O
Thanks for the Challenge!!
I love to learn new things in Photoshop, and this was Wonderful. Thank you so much!!
I used a soft muted paper for my background and a bright mixed paper for the brushed layer.
I used the leaves texture in the "tree" section.

What a gorgeous page, Sandra - I like that you used a leaf brush for the second paper. The texture comes out beautifully. The fabulous photo with the splatter behind is perfect for the background. I also like the wordart.
Thank you so much for taking part in the challenge.

*gina*

CHEERY O
I don't use Photoshop so I had to cobble this together as best I could. Hope it qualifies.

Gorgeous page, Kythe - glad you found a way to use the technique in PSE. I like the texture and the chosen colors. The picture with the beautiful frame and all the added elements fit perfectly.

*gina*

CHEERY O
Gina, thankis for the challenge and for the tutorial on making mixed paper ourselves!
Gorgeous page - I like the beach theme and the texture comes out wonderful. Your added elements fit perfectly to the wonderful photo and your word art is just too funny.

*gina*

CHEERY O

*gina*

CHEERY O
Second page:
Gorgeous page, Amanda - I like the wonderful photo with the double framing and the little cluster. The texture of the background paper is fabulous.

*gina*

CHEERY O
here is my page
Picture of my house is converted to watercolor painting in photoshop
The textured page is combined with the paper texure brushes by Anna Aspnes to add extra depth to the page

Gorgeous page, Sonja - I love the photo and the journaling - also the added elements. The textured paper with the addition of the texture brushes is perfect.

*gina*

CHEERY O
I followed the instructions given by adapting them to my old and precious PSP version! Thank you for this challenge !
Gorgeous page, Cath - even though you have an old PS version, you can see the texture well. The picture of the harlequin and all the added elements are excellently put together.

*gina*

CHEERY O
Thank you so much for this fun challenge! I use PSE so I did the best I could to follow the directions and make my page.
Gorgeous page, Evelyn - I'm not a real help for PSE. The texture can only be guessed, but it's certainly there. The cute photo with the cluster of flowers goes perfectly together.

*gina*

CHEERY O
Wow! I learned a new technique from this. Thanks so much!

What a gorgeous page, Susan - great work with the texture and the colors of the photo fit perfectly to the papers. The splatter and the thread behind the photo and the flowers are a nice addition and come out beautifully.

*gina*

CHEERY O
I'm another working in PSP so followed directions as best I could. Still very fun and interesting.

Gorgeous page and what a beautiful photo - the texture is fabulous and the added stamps behind the photo so beautifully placed.

*gina*

CHEERY O
Thanks for this great challenge Gina
Gorgeous page, Trish - I love the texture on the background. It seems to be the woman would like to start her sightseeing tour. The added elements fit perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.