Oscraps

** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ** Day 7 - This is December | CHALLENGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

melscrap

CHEERY O
1670291330423.png
Hi everyone! Welcome to the next challenge in our 12 Days of Christmas celebration.

For this challenge, I want you to scrap a layout about what December means to you.
Is it the people you spend time with, a summer holiday, snow days and hot chocolate, running around prepping for Christmas, a specific tradition you have?

You can have photos or go photoless, and you can scrap in any style you want.

When I think of December, I think of our advent calendar tradition. The countdown always starts with an invitation to find the Christmas gnome I hide with kiddo's choccy calendar. Even at 12, she still loves the silliness of playing "hotter and colder" to find the gnome. Here's my layout to document our tradition.

PRIZES:
zlemon
- Winner 1 - $10 to CRK Designs
FroggyCelineT - Winner 2 - $5 to Mediterranka Design
*All prize coupons will be distributed during the week after the challenges are closed at the end of the month.

RULES:
- Scrap a layout about what December means to you.
- Please include the words DAY 7 in your title when uploading to the gallery.

- Please use 100% Oscraps products. (Please note this is different from our regular monthly challenges.)
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Create a post in the 12 DAYS TRACKING THREAD 2022 to keep track of your completed layouts games participation.
(We will select our Grand Prize winners from this thread, so create a post now and remember to keep updating it throughout the month! )
- Your page must be posted in the 12 Days Christmas 2022 Gallery by PST 11.59 pm 31 December 2022 and linked back to this thread (see below).
--------------------
Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Congratulations to the winners zlemon and FroggyCelineT!

Attachments

• 20221201_tradition.jpg
    20221201_tradition.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

isDK

First on my list every December, is to get out the first week and see if there's ice on a river. Doesn't seem to matter a lot to me, which river. :D

Veronika

love reading about your traditions in december - thanks so much for the great challenge!

the tradition of eating stollen
The Royal Infant
My family and my grandmother was very attached to certain Saxon traditions.
This also included the baking of the Christstollen, which is also known in Dresden under the name "Striezel".
The tradition of baking Christmas Stollen in Dresden is very old. Historians fond out that Christmas Stollen was already baked in 1400.
Religion aspects influenced the history of the "Dresden Christmas Stollen". The rolled form of the Stollen symbolized the wrapped in a nappy and lie in a hay box Christ Child.

For my grandmother, the annual baking of the Christmas stollen was a very important tradition, which she fulfilled with devotion. I was always with her in the kitchen and she kept telling me about the stollen - thickly coated with melted butter and thickly with powdered sugar to commemorate the baby Jesus in diapers.
She always spoke of the "royal child" - and
At the end she always said: “There it lies, the swaddling baby, covered in butter and sprinkled with sugar, white as freshly fallen snow, heavy with raisins, candied lemon peel and almonds, and surrounded by the delicate scent of vanilla.

Robloz55

The Meaning of Xmas is Family. Home maybe where the heart is. But for us - Family is the heart.

We don't have any traditions. We really don't celebrate Xmas any more. It was more for when the kid was younger. In this photo (Dated 2013) my son is 11 years old. Now that he is older and out of school, we no longer celebrate. Xmas is just too commercialized for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.