Oscraps

Day7_this-is-December_Stollen.jpg
Veronika

Day7_this-is-December_Stollen.jpg

Day 7 - This is December | CHALLENGE

the tradition of eating stollen

The Royal Infant

My family and my grandmother was very attached to certain Saxon traditions.
This also included the baking of the Christstollen, which is also known in Dresden under the name "Striezel".
The tradition of baking Christmas Stollen in Dresden is very old. Historians fond out that Christmas Stollen was already baked in 1400.
Religion aspects influenced the history of the "Dresden Christmas Stollen". The rolled form of the Stollen symbolized the wrapped in a nappy and lie in a hay box Christ Child.

For my grandmother, the annual baking of the Christmas stollen was a very important tradition, which she fulfilled with devotion. I was always with her in the kitchen and she kept telling me about the stollen - thickly coated with melted butter and thickly with powdered sugar to commemorate the baby Jesus in diapers.
She always spoke of the "royal child" - and
At the end she always said: “There it lies, the swaddling baby, covered in butter and sprinkled with sugar, white as freshly fallen snow, heavy with raisins, candied lemon peel and almonds, and surrounded by the delicate scent of vanilla.
  • Love
Reactions: GraceJ
A beautiful tradition and page. I love the rich Christmas green with just the right amount of red.

Eating Stollen is one of my parts of the Christmas season, but I don't think I've ever heard the story before. We used to get Stollen from Germany but that has become more difficult lately. (Maybe the local stores just don't feel like stocking it.) Your photo is wonderful, and I like how the deep green background paper contrasts with the snowy white sugar.

I love reading about other countries' traditions. That sounds a lot like Italian Christmas Bread, Panettone, but we don't put the sugar on top. I think the dark green background works great to showcase your photo of the Stollen!

As the others have said, your choice of colors is just stunning, but I really loved the little peek of the word art you placed on the cutting board! What fun.

I love reading about other countries' traditions. That sounds a lot like Italian Christmas Bread, Panettone, but we don't put the sugar on top. I think the dark green background works great to showcase your photo of the Stollen!
yes, you are right, the ingredients are very similar for both

Layout information

Category
2022 - 12 Days of December
Added by
Veronika
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata