Oscraps

August Challenge #3 - Occasions & Themes

twinsmomflor

I love the "O"
CHEERY O

2018-_OCCASION-_AND-_THEMES.jpg
All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules
for this challenge so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you! :)

Hi everyone Flor here to welcome you to the August Occasions and Themes. I choose Every Day live – Outdoors. I have been struggling with health issues. Time only heals and I am blessed that I am able to accept it and living the best. I started walking a lot longer with dogs. Last weekend was the first time that I was able to hike. Not very long but challenging and it deserves a cheer.

So your challenge is share with us what is your everyday challenge that we should all cheer for you. I am looking forward hearing the wonderful stories.

Here is my layout :

I used:
Anna Aspnes- Artplay Pallette Moorlands and Outdoors Wordart No1
Karen Schultz - Love My Dogs

RULES:
- Create a layout featuring a challenge of your every day life.
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 3 gallery by midnight PST August 31, 2023 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.[/B]

Last edited:

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I was pregnant with our first child when I was diagnosed with asthma. I had so much difficulty breathing I thought I was going to die. Since then, I have had many asthma attacks and at least one that could have been fatal. Asthma leaves you tired and, at times, struggling to do the day to day chores or activities. This makes the good days that much more special.

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
I was pregnant with our first child when I was diagnosed with asthma. I had so much difficulty breathing I thought I was going to die. Since then, I have had many asthma attacks and at least one that could have been fatal. Asthma leaves you tired and, at times, struggling to do the day to day chores or activities. This makes the good days that much more special.

Beautiful LO, sweet Evelyn...I am so sorry that you are having to deal with asthma :hug2::heartpumpred:

RJMJ

***SENSITIVE SUBJECT MATTER ~ ABOUT LOSS,GRIEF & CANCER***

Hi! there Everyone...Feels like it's been so long since I've been here...Well...Kinda...I've been here lurking around quietly...Checking things out in the background...It's been awhile since I have posted a layout for sure...My life has been filled with so many challenges...Scrapping about just 1 would be difficult to say the least...But the worst thing I'm going through now...[as some of you may know...already...]..I am MIA due to the sudden loss of my Beloved Husband,Ray...due to cancer...He was diagnosed too late to be saved...With the cancer already affecting his heart down to only 20% function...He had a fall at our apartment & was in considerable pain...so I called the ambulance...Only 9 days later...he passed away from Stage 4 Throat Cancer that had spread to his brain...They told me he didn't have much time left....only 2 days after his arrival at the hospital...I couldn't believe what I was hearing...Was this a mistake...no!...There wasn't any cancer in his family either...Raymond spent his last days in Palliative care in hospice...I didn't want him to suffer anymore...so I made the difficult decision to do so...

I was there each & every day & night...sitting in a wheelchair...talking to him,holding his hand...praying with him...singing to him...I'm still recovering from my broken neck & arm...and with permanent neuropathy in my legs & feet from my fall...I am in much pain on a daily basis...My beloved Ray...Took care of me,with such love & kindness...when I couldn't even wash my own hair or do anything...I did the same for him...& I would gladly do it all again...if only I could have him back here with me...I miss him so much...It sometimes makes my whole body,spirit,brain...physically ache...I just spent my first birthday without my Beloved Ray...Thankfully...my family rallied around me...and tried their best to make my birthday special...I will remember all that they did for me...for the rest of my life...I wouldn't have made it through that day without them...When I blew out my Birthday candles...I talked to my Ray...& said I LOVE! you...& wish you were here & told him how much I missed him...He is the reason I made it this far in my own recovery...He was the kindest,sweetest & funniest person you could ever meet...He was the brightest light in my life...Thus...why I feel so much darkness surrounding me...

So...this layout is all about my grief...How it feels...How lost I feel...I have also struggled with anxiety & depression for many years...& I had things under good control...until now...I am back on medication for this...to help with the crying & depression I feel...I have scrapped many layouts about anxiety & depression over the years...[mostly...before I was a Cheery-O]...But my layouts are often filled with deep emotions and feelings...no matter what the subject...It's just how I am & who I am...It is how I scrap...but saying that...It can be very exhausting...always feeling everything so deeply...all the time...

My : Grief & Sadness : Layout :
Created mostly : with Anna Aspnes products & a few 52 Inspirations 2023 products :
Full List will be in my gallery post :

Thanks! for reading this far...& Thank You! to Everyone! here for all of your continuing support...

Last edited:

twinsmomflor

I love the "O"
CHEERY O

Hi! there Everyone...Feels like it's been so long since I've been here...Well...Kinda...I've been here lurking around quietly...Checking things out in the background...It's been awhile since I have posted a layout for sure...My life has been filled with so many challenges...Scrapping about just 1 would be difficult to say the least...But the worst thing I'm going through now...[as some of you may know...already...]..I am MIA due to the sudden loss of my Beloved Husband,Ray...due to cancer...He was diagnosed too late to be saved...With the cancer already affecting his heart down to only 20% function...He had a fall at our apartment & was in considerable pain...so I called the ambulance...Only 9 days later...he passed away from Stage 4 Throat Cancer that had spread to his brain...They told me he didn't have much time left....only 2 days after his arrival at the hospital...I couldn't believe what I was hearing...Was this a mistake...no!...There wasn't any cancer in his family either...Raymond spent his last days in Palliative care in hospice...I didn't want him to suffer anymore...so I made the difficult decision to do so...

I was there each & every day & night...sitting in a wheelchair...talking to him,holding his hand...praying with him...singing to him...I'm still recovering from my broken neck & arm...and with permanent neuropathy in my legs & feet from my fall...I am in much pain on a daily basis...My beloved Ray...Took care of me,with such love & kindness...when I couldn't even wash my own hair or do anything...I did the same for him...& I would gladly do it all again...if only I could have him back here with me...I miss him so much...It sometimes makes my whole body,spirit,brain...physically ache...I just spent my first birthday without my Beloved Ray...Thankfully...my family rallied around me...and tried their best to make my birthday special...I will remember all that they did for me...for the rest of my life...I wouldn't have made it through that day without them...When I blew out my Birthday candles...I talked to my Ray...& said I LOVE! you...& wish you were here & told him how much I missed him...He is the reason I made it this far in my own recovery...He was the kindest,sweetest & funniest person you could ever meet...He was the brightest light in my life...Thus...why I feel so much darkness surrounding me...

So...this layout is all about my grief...How it feels...How lost I feel...I have also struggled with anxiety & depression for many years...& I had things under good control...until now...I am back on medication for this...to help with the crying & depression I feel...I have scrapped many layouts about anxiety & depression over the years...[mostly...before I was a Cheery-O]...But my layouts are often filled with deep emotions and feelings...no matter what the subject...It's just how I am & who I am...It is how I scrap...but saying that...It can be very exhausting...always feeling everything so deeply...all the time...

Created mostly : with Anna Aspnes products & a few 52 Inspirations 2023 products :

Thanks! for reading this far...& Thank You! to Everyone! here for all of your continuing support...

Fabulous page. Thank you for sharing. Hugs

twinsmomflor

I love the "O"
CHEERY O

Your page is amazing. Thank you for sharing your story. Hugs!!

easyeyes4you

I understand the concept, but not at all what I would expect of a Special occasions challenge.. that said, it worked for me, as you can see.... so many awful stories surrounding me.... hard to stay positive.

I really wanted this page to be special, and am loving how it finally turned out... have been working on it at least 2 weeks!!!!

twinsmomflor

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Interesting challenge. Thanks for hosting Flor. Used Anna Aspnes APP Salute.
Thank you for sharing. Your page is stunning. We will pray hopefully some day there is a cure or it will stay dormit for life. Hugs

twinsmomflor

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I understand the concept, but not at all what I would expect of a Special occasions challenge.. that said, it worked for me, as you can see.... so many awful stories surrounding me.... hard to stay positive.

I really wanted this page to be special, and am loving how it finally turned out... have been working on it at least 2 weeks!!!!

I agree. This is the place to share. We are all scrappy friends. Beautiful Art. Heartfelt journaling. The roses are a beautiful and give us hope. Hugs.