Oscraps

2023-Trip-to-Spokane-Aug-Ch-3-@Oscraps.jpg
easyeyes4you

2023-Trip-to-Spokane-Aug-Ch-3-@Oscraps.jpg

The main reason, for this trip was to see my sister one last time...She was diagnosed in June of 2021 with the same lung cancer that killed my husband Rodger, in 6 months! back in the mid 90’s. Her’s was one small tumor that should have been cut out, but the surgeon said she was not healthy enough to withstand the surgery... I am amazed that she has lived well over 2 years and the doctors are keeping it contained, with just radiation...

All of this changed in my visit to meet her doctor... She has reached the point, where he can’t do any more, so handed her off to a Medical Oncologist. She was NOT happy with that!. Since that day July 18, she has had a brain MRI ,and a PET scan, and the cancer is still totally in the one lung... No Metastasis. Yet this week she chose to forego further treatment and to let it have its way... I am so upset... Trying to advise and help her get her affairs in order long distance, and she it totally uncooperative.... there is so much more to this story, but probably this is not the place to discuss it.

Have been working like forever on this one....Finally found roses that worked... wanted them to carry out
the theme of the rose bush in her yard...

etd_scentofgarden_pp (11)
AASPN_LayeredEdgeOverlays2_4
LA_SecretCove_overlay2
etd_BeautifulSeptember_pwb6-b copy 2
etd_harmony_free_pwb1
etd_harmony_free_pwb2
etd_BeautifulSeptember_pwb6
etd_scentofgarden_ep2 (13)
etd_scentofgarden_ep2 (12)

CGD-RoseGarden-accents
I am in awe! But not true - this is EXACTLY the place to discuss it. Recording your thoughts is good therapy. Chronicling this journey is hard, but also beautiful in its own way. I'm so sorry you are facing this. There are a lot of strong shoulders in your O family. Lean on them!

I agree. This is the place to share. We are all scrappy friends. Beautiful Art. Heartfelt journaling. The roses are a beautiful and give us hope. Hugs.

Layout information

Category
Challenge 3
Added by
easyeyes4you
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename