Oscraps

2023-09 Rachel Jefferies September 2023 Mixed Media Challenge*****WINNER ANNOUNCED***

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Hello my friends! Can you believe that at the end of this month, we only 3 months left of the year? Craziness I tell ya!!!

For many school has already started or it will be starting soon and it's time to get back to learning and usually has some new adventures. For September, our challenge will be to create a Rachel Designer Mash Up BUT with a twist.... the layout must be related to "an adventure".

An adventure is how you interpret and define that. It can be physical (hiking, moving to a new place, traveling to a new destination) or emotional (getting a senior through the 12th year of school, feelings during a pregnancy, etc). Let your creativity take you away with this one!!! This layout does not have to be an art journal layout, it can be a layout that just incorporates some journaling or your photo and title can tell it.

For this challenge, we will create a Rachel Designer Mash Up:
  • at least 50% of your layout should consist of Rachel's Designs that are currently available in her Oscraps Shop and the remaining should be from a Designer here at Oscraps, (example: if your layout has 10 layers, then at least 5 layers has to be Rachel's Designs and the other remaining layers from a Designer of your choice from Oscraps).
  • The layout MUST be related to "an adventure."
  • it is preferred that the layout is created with as close to a 50/50 designer split as possible but there is room to change the dynamics of the split a little as long as at least half of the layout is using Rachel’s Designs that are currently available here at Oscraps
  • List the total number of elements/papers used from each designer is required (ex: Rachel Jefferies Designs: 1 paper, 3 flowers, 2 stamps, etc; Scrap Designer of your Choice: 2 blended papers and 2 leaves, 1 ribbon, 1 word strip, etc).
  • Use of a template is acceptable, if the template includes a paper or embellishments (such as threads, stitches, stamps etc.) please note these will need to be included when counting your layers for the relevant designer.
  • Collabs are NOT permitted for this challenge.

Here's a layout created by me:
No great surprise, some of my beach photos remind me of our adventures we have.... This one was the kids first time out in a kayak while in Hawaii.
Rachel Jefferies Designs used: (Total 19 items) Fish x 2, Flower x 1, Flag x 1, Beach find x 1, Leaf x 1, String x 2, stick x 1, Journal Prompt x 2, Frame x 1, Algae x 2, Word fragment x 2, Net x1, Ribbon x 1, Stamp x 1, Paint x 1.

et Designs used: (Total 17 items) Anchor x 1, Flower x 2, leaf x 1, Starfish x 2, string x 1, shells x 1, brushed designs (weeds, mark, lighthouse, etc) x 5, paint x 1, grass x 1, sand x 1, paper x 1

FRxsHlk.jpg

Challenge Requirements:

* Create a new scrapbook or hybrid layout using at least 50% of Rachel's Designs currently available in her Oscraps Shop and one other Oscraps Designer's Designs.
* Upload your layout to the Rachel Jefferies Designs Gallery at Oscraps and list the designs used in your credits.
* For your challenge entry to be counted, you MUST upload your finished layout to this thread and include the total number of elements/papers used for each designer AND the layout MUST related to "an adventure". Please link your thread to your gallery image as it helps us leave love on your layout (and, validate your project).
* No double-dipping…your layout must be used for this challenge only, no others.
* This challenge will remain open until September 30, 2023

Prize:
  • All participants who post their page during the challenge month by the end of month deadline and meet the criteria will be eligible for a coupon of 15% off their next order (from Rachel's shop) of $10 or more.
  • ONE lucky random winner who posts their page during the challenge month by the end of month deadline and meets the criteria will receive a $8.00 coupon for Rachel's Shop here at Oscraps!
  • By completing ALL twelve of Rachel's Mixed Media Challenges at Oscraps in 2023, this will give you the chance to win a three month Guest Gig on her Creative Team or maybe you'll be the lucky winner of a $20 coupon to her shop!
    • In order to be eligible for the annual drawings for the Guest Gig or the $20 Coupon to Rachel's shop you will need to do the following:
      • Complete ALL twelve of Rachel's Mixed Media Challenges at Oscraps in 2023 by December 31, 2023 by 1159 PM PDT.
      • Post the challenge layout in the appropriate challenge month thread in Rachel Jefferies Challenge Threads (for example: January Challenge layout must be posted in the January Challenge thread that is linked back to the gallery--even if you complete it in November, it still must be posted in the January Thread).
      • Complete your tracker thread with a link to each layout by December 31, 2023 by 1159 PM PDT.
Note:for the annual drawings, challenge pages will be accepted for individual challenges after the actual challenge month and the end of month deadlines have both passed.

If you have any questions just tag me and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I look forward to seeing your layouts!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Rachel's Riding The Rails & Anna's new collection is a match made in heaven! I think I got the layer count right, but ... I got ADHD & dyscalculia LOL Thanks for the challenge - here's my layout:

Rachel: 18 layers
Background paper
5 frames
2 wordstrips
2 paint
1 messy thread
4 flowers
2 leaf
1 confetti
1 messy mark

Anna: 17 layers
WordArt (total 8 layers)
2 photo masks
2 transfers
3 artstroke
1 splatter
1 bow
1 brush

isDK

Thanks for the challenge.
Every drive to a wildlife refuge is an adventure. You don't know what you'll see, and you also have to be prepared to see nothing at all. So always an adventure.
Rachel Jefferies: 1 foliage, 3 journal prompts, 1 paint, 2 paper piece, 1 paper, 1 sequins
Palvinka: 3 frames, 3 masks, 1 splatters, 2 word strips

Su_Sanne

Thanks for hosting this challenge, Esther!
That really wasn't easy! On the one hand, the search for what fits together when you choose such different designers! And the counting was tiring. But I did it! YEAH!

Rachel 24 layers
1 barometer
1 mint flower
1 white flower
1 banner
1 sunflower altered with Paint Shop
1 BG paper
1 camera
1 bicycle
1 dried grass
1 white Statize
1 butterfly
1 bead spill
1 arrow
3 different jprompts
5 different stamps
2 different paints
1 splatter

Anna 22 layers
6 different transfers
1 Overlay
15 Layers Wordart

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O

Rachel Jefferies | Zinwaldite: The Complete Mixed Media Collection: Butterflies (3), Journal Prompt
Rachel Jefferies | Mixed Media Signature Kit: On Foot Journal prompt : background paper (2 blended)

Palvinka Designs | Hello Adventure:
Cluster, word art, ticket, stitches, alpha U and S,

Cath VP

A dust in this great universe
Thank you for this new challenge!
I used 11 items from Rachel and 11 items from Reginafalango
Rachel Jefferies with "WUWAP" = Background, 2 paperies, doodle, 3 WA, lace, flower03, Messy Thread02, Messy stitch 02,
Reginafalango with "Dark To Light" = 2 black flowers, 2 ribbons, branch of pink flowers, necklace, pink paint, film, 2 pink flower stamps, paperclip.

Last edited:

zlemon

Christy
Such a fun challenge. Thanks for hosting, Susie.

Used Rachel goodies: two papers, one stain, one word strip, two elements
Used Anna Aspnes goodies: a cow stamp, a staple, word strip, font/text, word strip, wagon wheel.

Oh, I did two versions. A black and white one, just like the cows.

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
*****entries for the participation coupon and $8 coupon prize draw are now closed from this point onwards for the month of September****

The WINNER will be announced and the participation and the winning $8 coupon will be coming soon.

>>>>>Late entries are welcome and can be added to your reward trackers to enter the annual drawing<<<<

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Congrats to @tanteva you are the WINNER of this challenge!!! Please check your inbox here at Oscraps for your coupon code. If you have any issues with it, please let me know so that I can work to resolve.

The participation coupon has also been sent to everyone else that Participated. Please check your inbox here at Oscraps for your coupon code. If you have any issues with it, please let me know so that I can work to resolve.

>>>>>Late entries are welcome and can be added to your reward trackers to enter the annual drawing<<<<