Oscraps

June Challenge #2 - Storybook

Kythe

1683921959213.jpeg
All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!

CHALLENGE 2 Storybook-Fantasy

Host Kythe

Nursery rhymes have a very interesting history rooted in political and social issues of the times in history. Some have very dark beginnings however today those meanings have given away to innocent-face value meanings and are often the first songs or poems children learn.

This month the Storybook Challenge will focus on nursery rhymes. Choose any nursery rhyme you wish and illustrate it. Include the rhyme on the page.

For those of you who may not be familiar with any rhymes, I have included a few of the more well-known English nursery rhymes below.

1683922050154.png

1683922545829.jpeg
My sample page was created with:
Lynne Anzelc Designs It’s A Farm Girl Thing https://www.oscraps.com/shop/It-s-a-Farm-Girl-Thing.html

RULES:
- Choose any nursery rhyme you wish and illustrate it. Include the rhyme on the page.

Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 2 gallery by midnight PST June 30 and linked back to this thread. (See below)
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Hi everyone! I saw the gorgeous pages for this challenge pop up on my FB feed and I was so inspired I rushed over and made my first O page since 2013!!! OMG ....10 years!!! :eek:
Amanda!!!!!!!!!! :dancing6::dancing6: hello my Aussie mate, so happy to see you here! and gosh, what an awesome layout! It's fun to go all storybook/fantasy and I love your page, it is so darn cute!! :)

Kythe

I have to come and say what wonderfully whimsical entries I am seeing here. I would love to gather them all up and make a book of nursery rhymes.... Now all I need is grandchildren.:giggle4::giggle4::giggle4:

easyeyes4you

I hope this works for this challenge... My Mantra is, it has to be something that is going to go in my album, and I find with challenges, I get carried away and many pages are not family history... I would have loved playing with all the fun things, to create a fantasy page, but it is not my style either... I have a lot of Magical Realities things and love working with her stuff, and when I saw this red umbrella, I knew I had something that would work telling about our unusually rainy spring this year... this creek is below my house and is normally on the small side.... it was amazing to see the torrents of water flowing there for a few days... a moment in history for me!!!

Kythe

I hope this works for this challenge... My Mantra is, it has to be something that is going to go in my album, and I find with challenges, I get carried away and many pages are not family history... I would have loved playing with all the fun things, to create a fantasy page, but it is not my style either... I have a lot of Magical Realities things and love working with her stuff, and when I saw this red umbrella, I knew I had something that would work telling about our unusually rainy spring this year... this creek is below my house and is normally on the small side.... it was amazing to see the torrents of water flowing there for a few days... a moment in history for me!!!

Yes this is great! I love it when members can create a page that they find fulfilling and useful when working on a challenge.
It is a win win.