Oscraps

January Challenge #7 - Artsy/Mixed Media

LarisaSarapullka

Designer
I have been playing with products from our new guest designer Sarapullka Scraps and just loving them! ♥

This is a page I did today using Larisa's Music of Earth: Rythyms of Nature Bundle and Rachel Jefferries's Music of the Earth: The Pace of Nature collection. Larisa and Rachel created their collections as a collaborations and they work beautifully together!
OMG!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Thanks for the tips, Ona, on the shadows for the gesso. Here's a bit of process for my page:
Since I added gesso on top of the curled tag and filmstrip, I made 3 copies of the gesso and inserted them in between the tag and filmstrip, added one on top of the tag and one underneath the filmstrip. Then I clipped the top gesso to the tag. That allowed the shadow for the curled tag to remain. Then I clipped the middle gesso to the filmstrip, allowing that shadow to be seen. The bottom copy of the gesso is the one I added the slight drop shadow to. I did the same process with the gesso above right. I used the same process with the paint on the title paper strip. i did not add a texture or shadow to the paint. I did add texture throughout the page using Anna's spackle kit. The rest of the page is Rachel's.

zlemon

Christy
Super challenge. Thanks for hosting, Ona.
I used a high pass filter on the entire page, then masked out the purple-pink color—made the background seem edgier. Such a talent group of artist's here.

Used Rachel Jefferies goodies: This is Now kit, Sinopia bits&bobs & papers, Epic cosmic stuff, and true&free bitsandbobs.

Last edited:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Amazing pages added since my last visit here, super talented bunch we have here at the O!!! ♥

Dady

Thank you Ona for this challenge !
I used a drop shadow to gesso and High Pass filter to sharpen for my photo !

LazyDaisy

Thank you for the challenge. I added 2 gesso element, I had to add more texture to them to emphasise more & I created shadows for them. I tried to emboss the Chinese character but I lost resolution when I resized, I will have to experiment with the technique. I used an overlay over the background to give a look of debossing. I used splatters & more textured elements as well. I would never thought about embossing so thank you again.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Can't express how fabulous your layouts have been this month ladies, you have all done such a fantastic job with your textures!! ♥

ViVre

Hi Ona, just in time ........ !!
ArtJournal pages are very difficult to me, and that's why i heart your challenge! Out of my comfort zone!

There are many many beautiful layouts in this thread.
Here's mine:

On the left-side of the lion you see a lace: there i used that filter you've explained.
And above the frames are three small circles: their shadow is due to this challenge :)

xx ViVre