Oscraps

From the Mists of Time - genealogy in the gallery - March 2023

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
Well, I'm late - again! March is such a month of change. If I can just get some energy back, I'll be able to enjoy a little gardening - and more scrapbooking!

In the meantime, here's a page I did about my great grand uncle William Henry Winter, Jr. and his wife Luella Ebersole. I'm pretty sure mu grat aunt Edna was named for Luelle Josephine. Aunt Edna is in the records variously as Luella Edna and Edna Luella. I must ask her daughter which is was. Of course it could be like my mother's maternal aunt, my Aunt Maxine. her name was actually Hazel Lovine Jones. Where in the world did Maxine come from?

And this one is much more modern but still some of the photos are 40 years old or more!

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O

scrap-genie

I did this one with a photo from DH's extended family, but the idea is really from my own family's close association with railroads and train travel. The writing just came, a little stream of consciousness maybe.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Karen Schulz has just released the second installment in her My Story series covering school years. It comes with vintage-looking templates too! I couldn't resist and made a double spread using photos from 40 years ago.

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
@scrap-genie Jean, I just love your LO! The railroads played such an important part of so many lives and communities. I must also thank you for the reminder - my Grandpa worled for the railroad as did a couple of my father's cousins. I need to document that!

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
@LSlycord Linda, I hear that! I looked around and found myself pushing 70. When did that happen? I love the minimalist approach of your LO. It really focuses on the story. Love you LO!