Oscraps

Bacon 01
This is the other half of my family. Momma and Daddy divorced in 1963 and it was final in 1964. In early 1965, we moved to El Paso, Texas and after school let out that year we moved to Anthony, New Mexico/Texas. We lived on the Texas side in a little apartment complex run by my grandparents. It was often vacant except when the farm workers were in town. Then there were lots of other kids to play with. Nearby was a service station. In 1965 there were no self-service stations, and every station was full-service with a mechanic on hand. Ralph Bacon was the mechanic on duty during the day. He did great work and was in high demand. My brother, Skip, and I hung out at the station most days where Ralph bought us sodas and peanuts.

In the evenings, he courted my mother, and they married in Juarez, Mexico in 1966 and my brother, Gary, was born on 2 Feb 1967 and sister Barbara on 1 Feb 1969. I didn’t grow up with Gary and Barbara. By the time Barb was born I was living with my father in Huntsville, Alabama, but I remember the joy of sending them bicycles for Christmas in 1978 and I treasure the few pictures I have of them. Momma’s autobiography tells of Gary’s first couple years when they lived in a tent in a lumbering camp where Ralph worked. I’m not sure that was an adventure! Gary joined the US Army out of high school and Barb became a mother.

Background is Paper 09 blended over Paper 04 in Darken Mode.
I then added the book and made it look like a scrapbook with the layered photo groups, then I just played and told the story.
Credits list
Artful Expressions 06 by Vicki Robinson
Layered Photo Frames and Groups by Vickie Robinson
Fonts: Rub This! And John Lennon
Photos are mine
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Vicki Robinson Designs
  • Love
Reactions: Vicki Robinson

Layout information

Category
Vicki's Creative Team Inspiration