Oscraps

February Challenge #6 - Year Flashback

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O

2024-year-flashback-web-jpg.410618

All members that participate,
can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!

Welcome to a new challenge here at OScraps.
My name is Bright Eyes aka Kay and I will be your hostess.

I have chosen a YEAR - 2000 - that we will use it as the focus of our Layouts.
Your Layout can be about something meaningful or personal that happened in your life;
or a historical event; or a movie, music, or TV show from that year.
The year 2000 must be large and used as the title
No templates allowed for the challenge.

I chose the year 2000 as it was the turn of the century...
We are now living in the 21st century!
I choose to make my layout about a personal event in my life.

My Layout

I used Day after Day by Laitha Art Studio

las_dayafterday_b.jpg

I look forward to seeing your layouts and what subject you choose to scrap.

RULES:
- Year 2000 - the focus of the Layout

- Layout can be about something meaningful or personal that happened in your life;
- or a historical event; or a movie, music, or TV show from that year.
- The year 2000 must be large and used as the title

- No templates allowed for the challenge.
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 6 gallery by midnight PST Feb 29, 2024 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited:

isDK

Thanks for the challenge. 2000 was the year the International Space Station got started, so I picked those images. It was a really tough time for us, as my "long Covid" started all the way back then. I designed dies and rubber stamps, and did a lot of paper art, handmade books, and created 3-D objects and art, so I stayed as busy as I could.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Thanks for the challenge. 2000 was the year the International Space Station got started, so I picked those images. It was a really tough time for us, as my "long Covid" started all the way back then. I designed dies and rubber stamps, and did a lot of paper art, handmade books, and created 3-D objects and art, so I stayed as busy as I could.

Oh, I love your photos with the space flight theme!!! Brings back so many memories of watching the launces on TV. Thanks so much for playing along even if you don't remember much from that year.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
It was so much fun (and more than a little embarrassing hehe) to look at pictures of my fam back in 2000!
What a HOOT!! Love the photo from way back when. Great memory of the Disney World trip with the family. Yes, fanny packs were the way to go for that type of trip..(I wore them, too.) Real alpha for the 2000. Thanks for joining the challenge.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I wrote a nice long story about my year 2000 but the system wont accept it because its too long... :sad2:

But in the year 2000, I met, married and moved with my new Husband, halfway around the world.
That was 23 years ago!!

Robynne, you managed to condense you 2000 story so well. I love the Large M with the 3 words... and wow that font is fabulous. Congratulations on still being together since 2000! So glad you joined the challenge and shared your story with us.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
What a fun challenge! It was great going back to an old photo album and reminiscing. Here's my page:
]
What a fun trip back in time - love seeing the pre-digital photos from your trip to Memphis. Like the gray and brown colors with the touch of blue along with the brush accents. Great journaling. Thanks for joining the challenge.

Christi

The very start of this year as someone married to a programmer and working with computers myself we were very aware of the issue but not greatly concerned about any serious issues so thanks for the challenge and the reminder!:busy1:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
The very start of this year as someone married to a programmer and working with computers myself we were very aware of the issue but not greatly concerned about any serious issues so thanks for the challenge and the reminder!:busy1:
Having many of my family members as computer programmers - I remember the Y2K fears well. Love the masked city photo blended into the fabulous background. Your journaling is fabulous. Thanks for joining the challenge and bringing back that memory.

lm44west

I only showed a photo of the house we left in 2000. We moved in with our in laws for 2 years until we found another home in our area. We were living in a rural area from 1990 to 2000. When the business I worked at closed, we decided to move the family back to central Jersey. It was the best decision we could have made.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I only showed a photo of the house we left in 2000. We moved in with our in laws for 2 years until we found another home in our area. We were living in a rural area from 1990 to 2000. When the business I worked at closed, we decided to move the family back to central Jersey. It was the best decision we could have made.
Mary, great journaling about your change in jobs and moving. The background with the overlays and accents give the feeling of living in in a rural area. The beautiful house photo shows there was space for you to move in with your in-laws. Thanks for sharing this with us.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Thank you for this challenge!

Oh, Dady, what beautiful horses!! No wonder you enjoyed having them nearby! Love the greenish background and lovely cluster as an accent to the fabulous photos. Thanks for joining the challenge.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Thanks for the challenge, Kay and the memories.

Cheryl, what a delightful page... love the New Years pictures. Had to LOL over the "We Survived the Millennium"! I remember how every one was so concerned about it. Like the black and gold colors of the page. Thanks so much fcr sharing this step back in time with us.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Cheryl, what a delightful page... love the New Years pictures. Had to LOL over the "We Survived the Millennium"! I remember how every one was so concerned about it. Like the black and gold colors of the page. Thanks so much fcr sharing this step back in time with us.
We weren't sure what was going to happen, but we just went about our partying like always - it was a crazy time. :partyhorn:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Thank you for this great challenge @BrightEyes !! It brought out some raw emotions for me, but always good therapy to get them out and put on a layout!

Trudy, such a beautiful LO... the journaling about your DD is heartrending but so happy that she survived and has a good life. I love the soft background and accents. Thanks so much for joining the challenge.