Oscraps

#6: Texas Bound
zlemon

#6: Texas Bound

I moved to Texas in 2000 from Arizona. It was a grest ride for 20+ years. Included is a photo I took of cows on the LBJ ranch. Also is an illustration of the Alamo. I highly recommend folks to visit the Alamo. It is a true Texas treasure. I’m not an overly religious person, but I felt the majesty of thousands of offered prayers in its cathedral. All and all, Texas was good to me.

Oh, a fortune teller told me 20 years before I moved that I would move to Texas. Never in a million year did I believe that this Chicago-raised girl would be a Texan. Kinda interesting, no?

Used one of Anna Aspnes' new templates.

Thanks for looking.
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
  • Love
Reactions: dwsewbiz and isDK
What a beautiful declaration of love to Austin.
I like the historical images and the alternation between b/w and colour.

Love the template you used for this delightful page. Like every illustration about Texas - especially the Postcard of Austin. Really like the stacked "2000". So glad you joined the challenge.

This is a really clever use of FotoInspired--it contains all the wonderful imagery of your Texas Tale in such a unified way. Also, loving the way you did the date (and the little steer head).

Love everything about this! It tells a great story. I'm partial, though, I was born in Victoria Texas, and lived in Dallas one year, and grew up mostly in Arlington, in the 60's. And still root for Texas, unless they're playing OU, of course.

Great pictorial story telling. I lived in Texas for a while as an Army wife... so I was around old Fort Hood,CopperasCove area. I was very young and a young mother, but I enjoyed the experience of such a big state. Great use of the FIT.

Love your Austin tribute! So much history there.Driven through Austin, but never have had the opportunity to sight see. Been to the LBJ Ranch and the Alamo. Miss my Texas family, hopefully a trip will be in the future.

Layout information

Category
Challenge 6
Added by
zlemon
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename