Oscraps

Christi

The very start of 2000 was problematic with many people fearing the consequences of a computer short-cut.
Journalling:
In the mid 1900s a cost cutting method of programming computers (leaving the 19 out of 1960 etc.) led to the Y2k issue.
This to some seemed like a serious threat.
Would planes fall from the sky?
Traffic lights stop working?
Some groups saw it as the coming of the Apocalyps - the End Time, the Rapture.
Fear mongering leading up to the event was rife and very worrying for some people, world-wide.
Then the year started with a whimper rather than a bang...
Only minor issues arose.
Certainly no earth shattering events and not a plane crash in sight!
Credits list
https://www.oscraps.com/shop/emeto-nostalgic-sea-collection.html
https://www.oscraps.com/shop/digital-art-collection-shutterbug-lynne-anzelc.html
Mixed Media by Erin atmospheresV3-dystopia1_03
Laitha a new day has come
The Logo Created by The President's Council on the Year 2000 Conversion, for use on the now defunct Y2K.gov (public domain)
Comic Sans MS Regular
HL Thuphap 1BK upgrade Regular
Designer(s) Used:
  1. emeto designs
  2. Laitha
  3. Lynne Anzelc Designs
  4. mixed media by Erin >>
  • Love
Reactions: isDK
If we had started with the fix that happened at Y2K, the computer would have never come along in an affordable way for many more years. It more than doubled the storage and halved the speed when nobody wanted or needed it. It's possible the timing and drama were perfect. :D

If we had started with the fix that happened at Y2K, the computer would have never come along in an affordable way for many more years. It more than doubled the storage and halved the speed when nobody wanted or needed it. It's possible the timing and drama were perfect. :D
You are not wrong. it was very much the high cost of production, coding on cards and the the expense of memory that lead to the problem - not to do with slackness of programmers producing low grade programs. Thanks for making that a bit :giggle4: clearer than I did.:yourock:

Having many of my family members as computer programmers - I remember the Y2K fears well. Love the masked city photo blended into the fabulous background. Your journaling is fabulous. Thanks for joining the challenge and bringing back that memory.

Having many of my family members as computer programmers - I remember the Y2K fears well. Love the masked city photo blended into the fabulous background. Your journaling is fabulous. Thanks for joining the challenge and bringing back that memory.
Thanks, it was a cracking start for the new year! My husband was an old mainframe programmer and started out writing programs with punch cards and the big computers that took up whole floors with massive tapes, my how things have changed... Our phones leave them for dead!

Ah yes! How can we forget? So much stress and worry for no real reason! I don't think I saw one glitch! Great remembrance page!

Layout information

Category
Challenge 6
Added by
Christi
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename