Oscraps

Art Journaling Challenge for June - "Beginnings"

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
This month's Art Journaling challenge is all about Beginnings. As the theme of the month here at oScraps is BIRTHDAY, I thought our art journaling could be about Beginnings...of what is up to you!

Beginnings can be anything that starts something. We want you to take the theme of beginnings and scrap about what thoughts, occasions, or feelings come up when you think about beginnings. You could ABSOLUTELY post about a birthday of you or a special someone, a special birthday gift or memory, or what you might be looking forward to with your next birthday, or you can simply post about a "beginning" that inspires you.

I have included a prompt board to get some creativity going. I thought a lot about the topic, so these images in the prompt board are some ideas that came to my mind when thinking of “beginnings”. Hopefully, it can help you think of something you would like to scrap about this month.

There will only be one prompt this month - so this is the only Art Journaling challenge for June. With all the fun games and extra challenges, we want you to have the opportunity and the time to enjoy them all!!!

Here is my prompt board to get your AJ Juices going...

AJJuneMoodBoardBirthday.jpg

Here is my page. I used a ribbon sewn down with a brad holding the ribbon down and small scatters on top of the photo.

Remember, for the art journaling challenges you can create any style of page. You get to decide what art journaling means to you. It can be a traditionally artsy page, clean and simple, pocket style, junk journal, or something else. That is up to you.

Because this is an art journal challenge, we want to encourage you to explore using more artsy elements on your pages. For the month of June, we'd like you to try using washi tapes or some other type of fastener like paper clips, alligator clips, stitching, thumbtacks, ties, etc..on your pages. Most art journaling kits have these included. I'm sure you have kits that have some. It's not required but you can earn one extra entry this month for using one or more digital fasteners on at least one of your pages. (They must be clearly visible, not hidden under a cluster or buried under a photo.)

Here is a kit from Maya de Groot that is FULL of different types of fasteners!

Everyone who participates will be entered into a drawing for a $5 gift certificate to Oscraps.

I can't wait to see what you have to share about Beginnings!

Challenge Rules:
You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on June 30th to complete your pages for this challenge
  1. To qualify for the drawing, you need to use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store (non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not).
  2. You need to credit all the products used on your page.
  3. You cannot use a page you create for this challenge for another Oscraps challenge.
  4. Upload your page to the Art Journal Gallery and then add your layout to the challenge thread. (Below you will find instructions on adding your page to this thread.)
Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:

Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).

This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.

Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited:

svanderhaegen

CHEERY O
I already know what I’ll be journaling about, but the event hasn’t happened yet: my youngest son’s graduation.
now working on my page, leaving lots of room for my journaling

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Fabulous theme, I am off to get a page done, it's been a very busy couple of weeks but I can finally breathe and do some creating!!! yay!! :dancingbfly::dancingbfly: