Oscraps

April art Journal Challenge #2 - Food!

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Welcome to Part Two of our tribute to William Blake’s very short poem:
"Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night."

I loved seeing all your pages for the first part of our tribute - now this week we are going to focus on this line:

“Eat in the Evening”

For the second challenge, we are going to focus on FOOD!!

We all need it. We all eat it. We have differing tastes, but we all have to eat at one time or another.

For many of us, food is more than just our body’s source of energy. Food means so many things to many people. There are many ways one can go with this topic. Some people have food aversions, some have allergies, and some have addictions stemming from our around food.

Food can be an expression of your national identity - so maybe you could share a family favorite or a traditional food passed down to you through the family.

Food can also be an expression of emotions. Through gifts of food or preparing food for someone, we express love and care. Food brought to a family who has lost a loved one can bring comfort.

Many families gather together at a table and share their lives with each other. Food can bring us together and form a bond over sharing a meal. Is it any wonder that many first dates are over a meal?

Making food together is also a big part of food. I remember being in the kitchen when all the aunties and my Gramma were making the food - oh the discussions, fun, talking, sharing, and loving that happened there!! I wish to be a little kid and sit at their feet and listen again - and learn family recipes that are gone because I didn't write them down!

This week we would like you to share an aspect of food that comes to mind as you read the introduction and look at the vision board I have created:

AJAprilMoodBoardFood.jpg

Here is my page:

Remember, for the art journaling challenges you can create any style of page. You get to decide what art journaling means to you. It can be a traditionally artsy page, clean and simple, pocket style, junk journal, or something else. That is up to you.

Because this is an art journal challenge, we want to encourage you to explore using more artsy elements on your pages. For the month of April, we'd like you to try using paint on your pages. Almost every kit contains paint these days, so I am sure you already have some in your stash. It's not required but you can earn one extra entry this month for using paint on at least one of your pages. (The paint must be clearly visible not hidden under a cluster or buried under a photo.)

Everyone who participates in any of this month's challenges will be entered into a drawing for a $5 gift certificate to Oscraps. You can receive up to four entries into this month's drawing.

I can't wait to see what you have to share about FOOD.

Challenge Rules:
You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on April 30th to complete your pages for this challenge.
  1. To qualify for the drawing, you need to use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store (non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not).
  2. You need to credit all the products used on your page.
  3. You cannot use a page you create for this challenge for another Oscraps challenge.
  4. Upload your page to the Art Journal Gallery and then add your layout to the challenge thread. (Below you will find instructions on adding your page to this thread.)

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:

Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).

This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.

Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

HAVE FUN!!!

Last edited: