Oscraps

2022-07 Rachel Jefferies July Mixed Media Challenge***CLOSED***WINNER ANNOUNCED****

Status
Not open for further replies.

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Hello my friends! Can you believe the year is officially half way over?? I feel like time is just speeding by! Hopefully, it isn't going by to fast and HOPEFULLY I can help inspire you to pause a moment and join in on this challenge with me!

For July, our challenge will be to create a Rachel Designer Mash Up BUT with a twist:
  • at least 50% of your layout should consist of Rachel's Designs that are currently available in her Oscraps Shop and the remaining should be from a Designer here at Oscraps, (example: if your layout has 10 layers, then at least 5 layers has to be Rachel's Designs and the other remaining layers from a Designer of your choice from Oscraps).
  • Here's the twist: The designs selected should create an opposite/contrasting effect: (example: if one designer has a rainy themed kit you use, then the contrasting designs should be sunshine; Happy with sad; mixed media with traditional; messy with clean; light and dark, etc).
  • it is preferred that the layout is created with as close to a 50/50 designer split as possible but there is room to change the dynamics of the split a little as long as at least half of the layout is using Rachel’s Designs that are currently available here at Oscraps
  • for the layout to be eligible for the coupon drawing: list the total number of elements/papers used from each designer is required (ex: Rachel Jefferies Designs: 1 paper, 3 flowers, 2 stamps, etc; Scrap Designer of your Choice: 2 blended papers and 2 leaves, 1 ribbon, 1 word strip, etc)
  • Use of a template is acceptable, if the template includes a paper or embellishments (such as threads, stitches, stamps etc.) please note these will need to be included when counting your layers for the relevant designer.
  • Collabs are NOT permitted for this challenge.

Here's a layout created by me:
I used Rachel's Be Kind and mashed it up with Natali Design's Summer Sunshine. I chose these 2 because their colors are contrasting and almost opposite each other on the color wheel. Rachel's kit is moodier with some rain & grunge and Natali's is bright with sunshine.

I used a total of 20 elements/papers by Rachel: journaling strip x 2, flowers x5, foliage x 1, bird x 1, clouds x2, messy thread x1, rainbow x1, rain drops x 5, paper piece x 1. paper hole overlay x1

I used a total of 17 elements/papers by Natali Design: waterdrops x2, window frame overlay x 1, balloons x2, stamp line overlay x2, flowers x 3, blackberry x1, raffia/wheat grass x1, bow x1, string x1, scatter x1, background paper x1

RBxgG6w.jpg

Here's another example from the Team:
by @Dady
Qec1WQv.jpg

Challenge Requirements:

* Create a new scrapbook layout using at least 50% of Rachel's Designs currently available in her Oscraps Shop and one other Oscraps Designer's Designs.
* Upload your layout to the Rachel Jefferies Designs Gallery at Oscraps and list the designs used in your credits.
* For your challenge entry to be counted, you MUST upload your finished layout to this thread and include the total number of elements/papers used for each designer. Please link your thread to your gallery image as it helps us leave love on your layout (and, validate your project).
* No double-dipping…your layout must be used for this challenge only, no others.
* This challenge will remain open until July 31, 2022

Prizes:
  • ONE lucky random winner will receive a $8.00 coupon for Rachel's Shop here at Oscraps!
  • For even more chances to win a prize, you can also submit this layout for Rachel's Red Carpet game found in the O Games forum.

If you have any questions just tag me and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I look forward to seeing your layouts!

Last edited:

isDK

This got hard the minute I realized I had to use the slide film stamp fragment a zillion times to make a frame because I needed it to be from Rachel's kit, and no clue how to count it. :D

Rachel Jefferies: Soulangeana paper, paintchip, stampfragment, staples, stars, texturedpaint (6)
Anna Aspnes: Aoristic paper, artsytransfer, wordtransfer, polka dots brush, mm salute stitchez, wordart (6)

Last edited:

ClaireG

CHEERY O
Fab challenge! Loved the idea of mashing Rachel's kits with another designer.

I chose Brocante by Maya De Groot - amazing kit and I used it for the light parts of my layout. For Rachel I used her collab with Studio Basic 'T is for Together'.

Rachel - x1 stamp, x2 paper pieces, x1 paper, x2 foliage, x2 flowers, x1 messy thread, x1 mask = 10
Maya - x1 paper, x2 flowers, x1 birdcage, x1 ribbon, x2 birds, x1 glitter string, x1 arrow, x1 doily = 10

Dady

Here's mine
I used from Rachel I'm Somewhere In between in which I used a total of 6 elements/paper :
detail : 1 paper - 1 paper piece - 2 prompt - 1 messy thread - 1 ephemera
I used from Jopke Courage in which I used a total of 6 elements/paper :
detail : 1 paper - 1 splash - 1 Butterfly - 1 WA - 1 Heart - 1 brush

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Finally got around to do this challenge - I've combined Rachel & Joyful Heart Designs:

Used Riding the Rails and misc packs from JHD. The contrast is that Rachel's kit is very city themed & the stuff from Joyful Heart Designs are very nature themed.

Count:
RJ - 10 layers
Photo mat (cut out from a paper)
2 pieces of tape
Paper ephemera
Paper flower x3
Stitches
Map brush
Track transfer

JHD - 10 layers
Background Paper
Paper twig x3
3 Hearts
Scalloped page divider
Heart Frame
Set of 5 paper strips (one element)

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Congrats to @Amandajk for winning the July Mixed Media Challenge. Check your inbox here at oscraps with the coupon details!!

Thank you all for your fabulous and inspiring layouts!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.