Oscraps

TELL me something I don't know...

danger girl

I watched the entire Dawson's Creek series as a 29 year old adult, instead of as a 16 year old teenager. Now I love Joshua Jackson and am so excited he's in Fringe. I am really lame. I know this!!

I'm with you on the Joshua Jackson thing. And I'm older than you, so it's even lamer LOL

t_a_l_i

Ooooh he is great. ;)

A few years ago I realized it was on TBS for reruns. I set my DVR and watched the entire show, first episode to last. I watched it while I scrapped. ;)

mei74

Ooooh he is great. ;)

A few years ago I realized it was on TBS for reruns. I set my DVR and watched the entire show, first episode to last. I watched it while I scrapped. ;)

I like him too!! Was always rooting for Pacey! Imagine the scrap marathon we could have watching Dawson's Creek. And, I am totally hooked on Fringe now. Is that not the coolest show?

Another random show I loved was Felicity - I watched it every day while I was home on maternity leave on the WE network.

Okay, here's a rather random and strange one from me --

I dislike squirrels. I guess you could say I have a fear of them. When I was about 10, one got into our house through the attic and showed up in my room. Ever since then, I have not been very fond of them. My bf thinks that this is hilarious because in DC, people find the squirrels so they are tame and come running to you for food, and I was always running away from them on our college campus.

katg1006

Yes I was a Pacey fan too...poor guy never got a break! Totally there for that scrap marathon :)

Here's another from me: I won't go in the ocean after watching Jaws....but I love the beach!

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
ohhh I just have to be obnoxious and tell this...

you guys know Bailey on Grey's Anatomy? I went to HS with her...was in classes with her and everything (145 people in my graduating class, so we all knew each other!)...
I wasn't going to get into watching the drama, but I totally got sucked in with that bomb episode that aired right after the superbowl several years ago! LOL!! so i had to go and get the DVDs so i could catch up...I don't miss one now, although I was about to boycott with the Han/Callie story line! UGH!!! but now Han's off, so I don't have to boycott!! LOL!! I've never fast forwarded a drama show like I have that one! yikes!!!

Cynthia

So good to be back!
Mine too!!! And I'm sooooo mad that the new season hasn't started yet down here in the swamp!!!! So no spoilers, please!!!
Or just one or two, maybe...

t_a_l_i

Oooh Cyn, it has started yet? That is something I never thought of, like, that your shows would be on at different times of the year.

It's good so far. ;)

My fav is Alex. I always go for the brooding, troubled hottie. :D

mei74

Sally, that is really cool about you going to school with her. I think she's a good actress. I like Alex too. I used to like Burke too before he left.

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
I loved Burke...I have come to really love Alex...and I'm loving that description of him, tali!! hahahah!! "the brooding, troubled hottie" Perfect!!!!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I dislike squirrels. I guess you could say I have a fear of them. When I was about 10, one got into our house through the attic and showed up in my room. Ever since then, I have not been very fond of them. My bf thinks that this is hilarious because in DC, people find the squirrels so they are tame and come running to you for food, and I was always running away from them on our college campus.

I didn't use to dislike squirrels until I worked at this past clinic and we had this squirrell that would always hang out in the dumster and jump when you threw a bag in there. It scared the crap out of me. One tiime I dropped the lid on the poor little guy and squished him. He was okay but I always remember it kinda cartooney with his eyes bulging and the top half of him getting all fat.

I am so glad I am not the only lame person who watched Dawson's Creek. So if all of us watched it...Does that make it cool?? And fringe does rock!! I'm loving it.

mei74

I didn't use to dislike squirrels until I worked at this past clinic and we had this squirrell that would always hang out in the dumster and jump when you threw a bag in there. It scared the crap out of me. One tiime I dropped the lid on the poor little guy and squished him. He was okay but I always remember it kinda cartooney with his eyes bulging and the top half of him getting all fat.

OMG! Clara, I am laughing out loud because that is the kind of thing that would have been me too!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I understand that about not getting TV shows on time. When I lived in Italy all we had was AFN (Armed Forces Network) and we always got the shows late. The first season on American Idol didn't start until after someone had already won. Soaps were a week late, some shows were just a couple of weeks late and some didn't start until the season ended. It just depended when the network would release it for us. The worst part was that we didn't get real commercials. We'd get announcements for post, reenlistment propaganda, other military propaganda but no commercials. No commercials wasn't so bad until we tried watching the superbowl. Superbowl without commercials is just strange. Not to mention it was on at midnight. The post closed down for half a day so that people could watch it the night before. In Korea a lot of the posts have a training holiday the day after the superbowl.

danger girl

I am so glad I am not the only lame person who watched Dawson's Creek. So if all of us watched it...Does that make it cool?? And fringe does rock!! I'm loving it.

Yeah, it must. :) I used to watch it every day on TBS. Some days they'd have 5 episodes on, I'd watch every one of them. Now that I think about it, that is pretty lame. LOL

This is kind of funny: everyone I know who watched Dawson's Creek as a teen had a crush on Dawson. Everyone I know who didn't watch it until they were older goes for Pacey.

Fringe is so good! There are only a couple shows I won't miss, and it is one of them.

kehfrog

Well, as I mostly lurk here (aside from my gallery), most of you don't know anything about me!

1) I was born in PA, moved to NE at the age of 14 and to NC at the age of 28.
2) I have a B.A. in French.
3) I met my husband online. Knew at 4 months we'd marry. Just celebrated our 5th anniversary!

n_eggen

I am so glad you said that Sally about Han. It was too ick!! There were 2 shows that really freaked me out!!! I love Bailey!!!! was she anything like the character she plays now???? well that's kindof a dumb question huh?!!!! hehehehe.

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
Nope! Chandra was (remember 20 years ago...bwaahahahahah!!) really nice!! Otherwise, she was just like Bailey!! Very driven, wonderful at her art (acting) and no-nonsense!! heehee!! but very nice!! not really bossy that i remember! heehee

petey111

Well, as I mostly lurk here (aside from my gallery), most of you don't know anything about me!

1) I was born in PA, moved to NE at the age of 14 and to NC at the age of 28.

Where did you live? There are a couple other of us NE girls here!

yvonnahenna

Dragging this old topic to the top again. And hopefully more ppl join in here again ;)

Tell you guys something you didn't know?
*thinking deeply* :lol:

- I learned how to read books during my bikeride to school :cool:
- I don't like to talk german to the turkisch guys that come to my work to buy tomatoes or zuchinnis
- I *heart* Bruce Willis (Guess some of you knew that :lol: )

helenh

oh good one Yvon ... hmmm ... I have issues with people that don't RSVP which seems to be the going thing these days.

I hate it and think it the height of rudeness.

hondachicc

Oh Cool thread!!! lets see...hmmm...

1. I had 5 different surgeries between the ages of 5 and 9 yo
2. I can not stand for anyone to mess with the bottom of my feet!!!
3. I was a majorette in HS...and I can still twirl my baton!!

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
omgosh...I so have to go back and read this thread through, because knowing me, I'd repeat all I said before!! LOL!!

petey111

HAAA! I did the same thing Sally!!

I don't like pop. Never have.
I used to puke every time the tornado sirens went off. (And we are in a tornado watch right now...)
I love , love, love chocolate cake. It's one of my favorite desserts ever!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Oh my-- Sally and Sara, I should go back and read mine here too- but by the time I finished reading, I would forget it all anyway.

Let's see.....
1. I once decided that Gary and I *had* to take a quick vacation in Jamaica b/c I was reading a novel about treasure hunting in the Caribbean- the descriptions of the water/weather made me have to get out if NJ!
2. I love all living creatures- but I don't really care for fish. We have giant goldfish, and while I am sad when they die, I really don't like anything about them. Dirty, icky fish.
3. I still want to get "one more" tattoo.

yvonnahenna

You have to tell me-- how did you do that without crashing???

Easy-peasy.
My first school was only 10 minutes by bike.
Put your book on the (google translater says the english word for 'stuur' is) handlebar. (correct me if I'm wrong :) )
Just read and keep one eye on the road beneath the wheels. There are white stripes where I had to stay in. And just stay on the right site of it :)

My second school was 35minutes by bike. But most of the time the bike riding paths where seperate from the road that the cars have to drive.
That's even more easy :)

You'll get VERY creative if you HAVE to finish something reading of learning while you didn't have the time the day befor. (No time..or maybe I just didn't want to do it :lol: )

petey111

Around the US, there are regional variations (and fights) about what to call that carbonated drink. Soda - Pop - Cola....

And Yvonna, I would still think you would crash into something in front of you or miss a turn.