Oscraps

O-Fam Prayer Power needed!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I am so sorry. No daughter should have to make these decisions for their parents. But it is on you so just do what you think he would want and what helps you to feel okay about it. Don't beat yourself up for any decisions you make and don't be afraid to sit in a corner and cry sometimes (or whatever else you need to do emotionally) because that's just what you need to do once in awhile. Big hugs and a shoulder to cry on anytime you need it. You and your family are in my prayers.

LindaPete

We went through just about the same thing with Jay's grandfather between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's so hard to know what to do. I pray that you and your family and your dad's medical team find peace in making the decisions to come. I feel for you and will continue to lift you up in prayer. Anything, anything at all - let me know!

N

NewAdmin

i'm so sorry, sandra. :( ((((hugs))))

(i feel like there should just be something more to say than ((((hugs)))), but i just have no idea what. :( i really am so sorry.)

LSlycord

Sandra, I am so sorry to hear this news. I am praying for you this morning. Praying for strength and peace. {{hugs}}

sandracvrt

I made the decision to turn off the ventilator last night. He was able to breathe on his own for about an hour and a half and passed around 7:30... it was the most awful experience of my life and I feel not only grief-stricken because he's gone, but like I personally killed him...

Genevieve

Ninja Admin
Oh, Sandra. I'm so sorry! But you should *not* feel responsible. It sounds like his passing was inevitable, and all you did was spare him continued suffering. *hugs* My prayers are with you and your family in your loss.

N

NewAdmin

omg, sandra. bless your heart. i'm soooooo sorry. that is such a tough decision you were faced with and i'm sure it is so unbelievably hard. i want desperately to shout, "plleeeeeeease don't feel that way", but i'm quite certain that it will not ease your pain right now. i so hope all of these prayers will help aliviate that feeling for you. my prayers will be with you especially strong today.

omg... i'm so sorry, sandra. :(

t_a_l_i

Oh Sandra. I am so, so very sorry. I can't imagine what you are going through right now, and what any of us can say to ease your pain. Just know that your dad is without pain.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Sandra- I can only add onto what everyone else has said. You did what was best for him, and I am so sorry that decision has to hurt you so badly.
sending love hugs and strength to you

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Oh Sandra. I am so sorry. I know that nothing I can say right now will take away your feelings of guilt (even though I do believe you did the right thing) so, please just know that I love you and you have a whole lot of people who love you and are here to support you.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Oh, sandra. Again this is a situation where there are no words that will make you feel better. Bt like everyone else has said this was not your fault. You did what you had to do and gave yourself and your family some time to hold his hand and let him go out knowing that you love him. There are no great words of understanding as to why people are taken from us when they are. I am sure that he left you knowing how much you love and care for him and never thought that you killed him. That is not the case. His body was just not able to withstand any more life and God was ready for him to be with him. My heart aches for the pain and decisions you have had to make that no person should ever have to endure. Please keep us updated on everything. Lots of love.

Merkee

((Sandra, hugs)) May you find comfort knowing that your daddy is no longer hurting and is in a better place. What you had to do, no child should have to do. I am so sorry.

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
I am sooooo sorry, hun!

Know that we are here HOLDING YOU TIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! love you, sweetie!!

katg1006

Sandra I am sooo sorry you had to go through that! I am sending you lots of love and (((HUGS))))

Cat

O' whip cracker whip
(((hugs))) Sandra, my heart is heavy for you sweetheart. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time, I am just so sorry (((hugs)))

kehfrog

Oh, Sandra, I'm so sorry. You are still in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you eventually find peace with what you had to do. I can't imagine the pain you're feeling.

((((Hugs))))

Karen

Myoldanlac

I Love TaylorMadeDesigns
(((hugs))))
Sandra please know that we are all holding you tight and lifting you up right now darling.

LindaPete

Sandra,
I hurt for you and with you. I just wish we could all be there to wrap you in our love and friendship.