Oscraps

June Challenge #3 - Font Challenge

margje

The O is awesOme
1653565415741.png
All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!

Welcome to the Font Challenge!
It is fun to use a font as a photo mask! A single letter or a word can make a great mask!
I challenge you to look at your fonts and get inspired to clip your photo on a letter or word!
Because this is a font challenge you need to use another font for your title and journaling, and also a punctuation or quotation mark in another font! So yes 3 fonts will be used in total!
Here is my example layout:

Fonts used: Mask-Cooper black, Title-Kristen ITC, Quotation mark-Arial rounded Bold
The Frog Prince Kit, The Frog Prince Photomasks

RULES:
- Use 1 font as a Photomask, one font used for journaling or title, one font must be used for punctuation mark(s) So you must 3 different fonts in total!
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 3 gallery by midnight PST June 30 2022 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited:

LDArtist

Perfect idea for a photo I wanted to scrap.
I love this picture of the kids reading,
I hope they remember that reading is just as much
fun during the summer as it is during the school year!

The font I used for the photomask is "Bernard MT Condensed".
The font for the punctuation marks are "Century Gothic" and
The font for the rest of the title is "Soul Signature"

Last edited:

margje

The O is awesOme
Perfect idea for a photo I wanted to scrap.
I love this picture of the kids reading,
I hope they remember that reading is just as much
fun during the summer as it is during the school year!

View media item 364611
Lovely photo and page! Reading is so awesome with kids! Great quote too! I don't see a font used as a photomask though!

LDArtist

Lovely photo and page! Reading is so awesome with kids! Great quote too! I don't see a font used as a photomask though!
I misunderstood the challenge. I took down the original page and replaced it with a photo connected to the mask. Took me a minute but I think I got it right now. :rolleyes:

margje

The O is awesOme
What an interesting challenge. I had so many ideas, I couldn't decide which one to go with... but in the end the practical me won and this page was born.

The fonts I used are:
Impact (Jakarta, masked)
Arial (journaling)
Hollywood Starfire (explamation marks and date)

Beautiful page and documentation! So much to see on this page! Love the Jakarta title with the photo clipped to it!

margje

The O is awesOme
Thanks for a fun challenge!!

I used Exo for the large title font (mask), Myriad Pro for the Quotes and Girly Heart Script for the Sub-title

How fantastic! Love that big title with the clipped photo! Everything goes beautifully together!