Oscraps

February Challenge #5 - Free For All

twinsmomflor

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
2024-free-for-all-web-jpg.411861
All members that participate,
can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!
[/CENTER]

Welcome to the February Free for All Challenge. This is a new challenge for 2024 which will feature something different every time we run it! This month I have a Monochromatic Madness challenge for you!

Hi there, this is Flor aka twinsmomflor. This month we look at Monochromatic Madness. Monochromatic simply means:
"involving or producing visual images in a single color or in varying tones of a single color (such as gray) monochrome film"

So let’s have fun and create a layout using only varying shades of one color (any color). I love the cohesive design it creates.

Why I used the photo on my sample page: Recently we went to see an Eagles's concert. That group is our favorite group. We had never seen them in a concert before. During the concert they showed the group's faces and instruments on the big screens. In some of the shots they had black and white or sepia in conjunction with the lights/shades of all monochrome. I thought it was amazing and it inspired me to create my page.

Now it is time for us to play and create a page for this month's Monochromatic Madness. You need to make a layout using only different shades of one color. It can be any color. Let me know why you chose that photo/image here in the thread. I can't wait to see your art.

Here is my sample page
sTNXP3N.jpg

I used Simply Spring Oscraps Collaboration and Autumn Magic Oscrap Collaboration

RULES:
- Create a Monochromatic Madness layout . You need to make a layout using different shades of ONE COLOR. Please tell me in the thread why you chose the photo or image you used.
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 5 gallery by midnight PST February 29, 2024 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Attachments

• 1706752085791.png
    1706752085791.png
    182.4 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:

Su_Sanne

View attachment 411862
All members that participate,
can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!

Welcome to the February Free for All Challenge. This is a new challenge for 2024 which will feature something different every time we run it! This month I have a Monochromatic Madness challenge for you!

Hi there, this is Flor aka twinsmomflor. This month we look at Monochromatic Madness. Monochromatic simply means:
"involving or producing visual images in a single color or in varying tones of a single color (such as gray) monochrome film"

So let’s have fun and create a layout using only varying shades of one color (any color). I love the cohesive design it creates.

Why I used the photo on my sample page: Recently we went to see an Eagles's concert. That group is our favorite group. We had never seen them in a concert before. During the concert they showed the group's faces and instruments on the big screens. In some of the shots they had black and white or sepia in conjunction with the lights/shades of all monochrome. I thought it was amazing and it inspired me to create my page.

Now it is time for us to play and create a page for this month's Monochromatic Madness. You need to make a layout using only different shades of one color. It can be any color. Let me know why you chose that photo/image here in the thread. I can't wait to see your art.

Here is my sample page
sTNXP3N.jpg

I used Simply Spring Oscraps Collaboration and Autumn Magic Oscrap Collaboration

RULES:
- Create a Monochromatic Madness layout . You need to make a layout using different shades of ONE COLOR. Please tell me in the thread why you chose the photo or image you used.
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 5 gallery by midnight PST February 29, 2024 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.
Great Challenge, Flor! Love the Eagles! I recorded a 4 hour documentary over several parts and watch it at least once a year. So sad that Glenn Frey had to leave us so early!!

isDK

Thanks for the challenge, Flor. I used a photo that shows the kind of weather we're hoping for in February. We've been having temperatures 15-20 degrees above normal, and wishing for snow. A storm is coming, but might be rain, which is strange to us in winter. ;)

twinsmomflor

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Thanks for the challenge, Flor. I used a photo that shows the kind of weather we're hoping for in February. We've been having temperatures 15-20 degrees above normal, and wishing for snow. A storm is coming, but might be rain, which is strange to us in winter. ;)

Beautiful so artistic. I gives the message of coldness... love it!!