Oscraps

August 2022 Challenge #5 - Color Palette

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
2018-color-challenge-blog.jpg

All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!

Welcome to the August Color Palette Challenge. My name is Kay and I will be your hostess for this fun challenge.

I love colors... especially bold and vivid ones.
I was blown away when I saw the fantastic colors in the July Color Play kits released the last Friday of July.
So I picked out 6 colors from them to use as the palette for this challenge.

Challenge rules:
Use at least 3 of the colors from the following Palette
They must be the dominate colors in the Layout
In addition, you may also use black, white or cream

You may chose your own theme for the layout

Be sure to post your Layout to the Challenge 5 gallery

BE aug color palette.jpg

My Layout
I chose to use all 6 of the colors from the color palette

Created using Colorful Delicacies by Xuxper Designs

I look forward to seeing your creations with these beautiful colors.

RULES:
- . Use at least 3 of the colors from the Palette
- . They must be the dominate colors in the Layout
- . In addition, you may also use black, white or cream

- . You may chose your own theme for the layout
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 5 gallery by midnight PST August 31 2022 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Attachments

• Xuxper_ColorfulDelicacies_el.jpg
    Xuxper_ColorfulDelicacies_el.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I was inspired by @margje "Summer happiness" to use Maya's "Quirkiosa 2 and by @*sylvia* "This Summer" to use Natalie's "Sunny Day."

Delightful page about this summer's hot temps. Like the circle map of temperatures and how you sectioned the background into different segments. Fabulous LO. Thanks for joining the challenge.

Kythe

CHEERY O
Last edited:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
This is mine. Not completely sure the colors are exactly right as my PC shows them to be slightly darker. The only one I don't have is the fuchsia.
I used Xuxpters Together Again; Lynne Anzelc Some Kinda Wonderful; and Simplete Poesia del Tempo
No problem with the colors showing a bit darker, Kythe. I love the vintage look to your page with the beautiful lady and the village in the background. Fabulous cluster. So glad you joined the challenge.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Thank you for this challenge !

Such a delightful page... love the 2 different size/shapes of photos of the village and landscape. The background paper and other torn papers give a vintage feel to the page. Thanks for joining the challenge this month.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
If you look at my gallery you will notice that these are *nit*colors I would typically use. However--- they were a perfect match to the birthday cake my DD picked out for me :D
So glad that the colors match your birthday cake, Chris. What a wonderful variety of kits you pulled from to make your LO! Yes, the July Color Play kits all work so well together. Thanks for joining in the challenge. BTW... bet the cake was yummy!!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
This is a dramatic palette for sure!

Thanks for the challenge, Kay!
Love your Cat Day Layout with those fabulous and vivid colors. Your cat definitely has some of the colors in the palette and is so beautiful. Thanks so much for taking part in the challenge.