Oscraps

A Note about Art Journaling

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
My name is Susie, and I am going to be one of your guides through our digital and hybrid art journaling challenges here at the O.

The first thing I want you to know is that I am no expert. I am learning right along with you, so don’t be worried that you aren’t “good enough” yet or that you are too new to do these challenges. I'm pretty new to this style as well, having started in the last year or so.

I PROMISE you that if you play along with us, and give us half a chance, you will find yourself growing in the art journal style. Pretty soon you will notice that paint and gesso are your friends!

Do you know why I can promise you that? I can promise you that because the biggest secret of art journaling is this:

THERE IS NO RIGHT OR WRONG WAY TO DO IT!

Yes, you heard me correctly. There is no right or wrong, no grades, no “more talented than me” or anything else of that kind of thinking. Stick with us, and you will find yourself enjoying yourself more than you ever thought. Throw away your critical self. Put her in a box and tape that sucker shut!!!

The only rule is to be inspired by the topic we provide. You can scrap it in any style (artsy, clean and simple, pocket scrapping, hybrid, paper...) you wish, with any oScrap kits that you wish. You can get deep with your journaling. You can have no journaling at all. Remember that this is for anyone who wants to be inspired by the topic!

So come on in, get your favorite beverage, your comfy clothes, and your willingness to try something new, and let's have FUN!!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Fabulous explanation of what art journaling is all about Susie, especially that last line, hope everyone jumps in and has lots of fun creating pages that are meaningful to them. :sparkles1::heartpumpred::sparkles1: