Oscraps

2023-07 Rachel Jefferies July 2023 Mixed Media Challenge ****WINNER ANNOUNCED****

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Just like that, we are welcoming another month and moving right along through the year. I can't believe the first half of the year is complete.

We are finally starting to believe that we might actually be moving into our new house. It's only over a year behind schedule. Construction has a lot of moving parts and it is seen from many vantage points. The consistent theme among all aspects of construction really comes back to geometry. While we won't be breaking out our protractors, we will be influenced by geometry for this month's challenge.

This month's challenge is to create a layout that is geometric in design ( think circles, squares, triangles, hexagons, octagons, geometric diagrams etc). If you need some inspiration to get your creative juices flowing, check out Rachel's Trends-Geometric Board. I'm leaving this challenge pretty open ended as I really want everyone to explore and create a layout that is geometric in design. You may add other elements and photos if you choose, the only requirement is, is the layout MUST clearly be geometric in design and not completely covered up and/or overshadowed by other elements/items.

Here's my layout:

pfeRoi7.jpg

Here are some examples from the team:
from @Dady
ncwCXlk.jpg

from @marijke
YdDNiEl.jpg

So here's the plan for this challenge:
  • Create a layout that uses geometric designs or diagrams
  • You can use photos or go photoless
  • You may use as many elements, other mixed media items or any paper of your choice as long as the layout is clearly geometric in design and not overshadowed by other elements.
  • Layout must use at least 75% of Rachel's Product. If you decide to mix in another designer, the other 25% must contain product from another current Oscrap's designer. The product can be currently available in the Oscrap Shop or be retired products from Rachel or a current designer.
  • Hybrid projects are also welcome and the same product rules apply. Where digital products are used in a hybrid Project they must all come from Oscraps designers and at least 75% of Rachel's Product.
  • Templates are NOT allowed for this challenge.
  • Rachel's Collabs that are in her store at Oscraps are allowed.
  • Upload your layout to the Rachel Jefferies Designs Gallery at Oscraps and list the designs used in your credits.
  • For your challenge entry to be counted, you MUST upload your finished layout to this thread
  • No double-dipping…your layout must be used for this challenge only, no others.
  • This challenge will remain open until July 31, 2023

Prize:
  • All participants who post their page during the challenge month by the end of month deadline and meet the criteria will be eligible for a coupon of 15% off their next order (from Rachel's shop) of $10 or more.
  • ONE lucky random winner who posts their page during the challenge month by the end of month deadline and meets the criteria will receive a $8.00 coupon for Rachel's Shop here at Oscraps!
  • By completing ALL twelve of Rachel's Mixed Media Challenges at Oscraps in 2023, this will give you the chance to win a three month Guest Gig on her Creative Team or maybe you'll be the lucky winner of a $20 coupon to her shop!
    • In order to be eligible for the annual drawings for the Guest Gig or the $20 Coupon to Rachel's shop you will need to do the following:
      • Complete ALL twelve of Rachel's Mixed Media Challenges at Oscraps in 2023 by December 31, 2023 by 1159 PM PDT.
      • Post the challenge layout in the appropriate challenge month thread in Rachel Jefferies Challenge Threads (for example: January Challenge layout must be posted in the January Challenge thread that is linked back to the gallery--even if you complete it in November, it still must be posted in the January Thread).
      • Complete your tracker thread with a link to each layout by December 31, 2023 by 1159 PM PDT.
Note:for the annual drawings, challenge pages will be accepted for individual challenges after the actual challenge month and the end of month deadlines have both passed.

If you have any questions just tag me and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I look forward to seeing your layouts!

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
@mywisecrafts - can you do a scraplift?

ETA never mind. The one I wanted to lift didn't need any elements - so that wouldn't qualify anyway. L OL

Last edited:

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
the challenge doesn't require any elements. It just has to be geometric in design.
  • Layout must use at least 75% of Rachel's Product. If you decide to mix in another designer, the other 25% must contain product from another current Oscrap's designer. The product can be currently available in the Oscrap Shop or be retired products from Rachel or a current designer.
  • Hybrid projects are also welcome and the same product rules apply. Where digital products are used in a hybrid Project they must all come from Oscraps designers and at least 75% of Rachel's Product.
This is what confused me. If I don't use any of her products, does it still count? This is what I did. I'm working on another one now. that does use her items.

RomeGraphicDesign.jpg

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
This is what confused me. If I don't use any of her products, does it still count? This is what I did. I'm working on another one now. that does use her items.

View attachment 399799
You do have to use at least 75% of Rachel’s Product. Maybe use papers and custom shapes to create a similar look?

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
*****entries for the participation coupon and $8 coupon prize draw are now closed from this point onwards for the month of July***

The WINNER will be announced and the participation and the winning $8 coupon will be coming soon.

>>>>>Late entries are welcome and can be added to your reward trackers to enter the annual drawing<<<<

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Congrats to @lm44west you are the WINNER of this challenge!!! Please check your inbox here at Oscraps for your coupon code. If you have any issues with it, please let me know so that I can work to resolve.

The participation coupon has also been sent to everyone else that Participated. Please check your inbox here at Oscraps for your coupon code. If you have any issues with it, please let me know so that I can work to resolve.

>>>>>Late entries are welcome and can be added to your reward trackers to enter the annual drawing<<<<

lm44west

Congrats to @lm44west you are the WINNER of this challenge!!! Please check your inbox here at Oscraps for your coupon code. If you have any issues with it, please let me know so that I can work to resolve.

The participation coupon has also been sent to everyone else that Participated. Please check your inbox here at Oscraps for your coupon code. If you have any issues with it, please let me know so that I can work to resolve.

Thank you so much! Loved the challenge.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
OMG - I'm having such luck with these challenges. Checked the tracking list, and I hadn't made the July challenge. Made a layout, and when I get back to this thread ... My layout is there in the last post. I had pasted the link to the list as JUNEs challenge. LOL

Now I have made 2 layouts for this challenge ... and still have one challenge to do.

Send me a new brain. The one I've got is broken!

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
OMG - I'm having such luck with these challenges. Checked the tracking list, and I hadn't made the July challenge. Made a layout, and when I get back to this thread ... My layout is there in the last post. I had pasted the link to the list as JUNEs challenge. LOL

Now I have made 2 layouts for this challenge ... and still have one challenge to do.

Send me a new brain. The one I've got is broken!

I had to chuckle at your post. I've had moments like that for sure.