Oscraps

2023-03 Rachel Jefferies March 2023 Mixed Media Challenge****WINNER ANNOUNCED******

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Hello my friends! Spring is right around the corner for us in the US. I love this time of year!!! The newness of life is always so inspiring.

For March, our challenge will be to create a Rachel Designer Mash Up BUT with a twist:
  • at least 50% of your layout should consist of Rachel's Designs that are currently available in her Oscraps Shop and the remaining should be from a Designer here at Oscraps, (example: if your layout has 10 layers, then at least 5 layers has to be Rachel's Designs and the other remaining layers from a Designer of your choice from Oscraps).
  • Here's the twist: The layout should represent your current season. I am purposely leaving this subjective. The season can represent Spring, Fall, Winter, Summer or it can a season of life that you are in etc. It really is based on your definition of a season.
  • it is preferred that the layout is created with as close to a 50/50 designer split as possible but there is room to change the dynamics of the split a little as long as at least half of the layout is using Rachel’s Designs that are currently available here at Oscraps
  • List the total number of elements/papers used from each designer is required (ex: Rachel Jefferies Designs: 1 paper, 3 flowers, 2 stamps, etc; Scrap Designer of your Choice: 2 blended papers and 2 leaves, 1 ribbon, 1 word strip, etc) and indicate which season is being represented (i.e. fall, winter, summer, spring, season of life, etc).
  • Use of a template is acceptable, if the template includes a paper or embellishments (such as threads, stitches, stamps etc.) please note these will need to be included when counting your layers for the relevant designer.
  • Collabs are NOT permitted for this challenge.

Here's a layout created by me:
My Season appears to be one of perpetual chaos with my 2 teens...
I've used a total of 28 items from Rachel & Vicki Stegall
Rachel Designs (Be that Girl):
Paper x 2, paper piece x 2, messy marks x 1, stamps x5, word strip x 1, foliage x1, ticket x1, ribbon x1

Vicki Stegall (Magic in the Mess)
heart charm x1, hanging heart charm x 1, staple x4, large tag x 1, small tag layered under large tag with messy threads x1, vintage page x 1, negative frame x1, messy thread x1, paperbit edge x1, word art x1, paint splatter x1

tSsm8Yz.jpg

Here's some examples from the Team:
by @cfile
n44Emt0.jpg

by @Dady
1m3L6OG.jpg

by @marijke
sNCB3yY.jpg

Challenge Requirements:

* Create a new scrapbook or hybrid layout using at least 50% of Rachel's Designs currently available in her Oscraps Shop and one other Oscraps Designer's Designs.
* Upload your layout to the Rachel Jefferies Designs Gallery at Oscraps and list the designs used in your credits.
* For your challenge entry to be counted, you MUST upload your finished layout to this thread and include the total number of elements/papers used for each designer AND the season being represented. Please link your thread to your gallery image as it helps us leave love on your layout (and, validate your project).
* No double-dipping…your layout must be used for this challenge only, no others.
* This challenge will remain open until March 31, 2023

Prize:
  • All participants who post their page during the challenge month by the end of month deadline and meet the criteria will be eligible for a coupon of 15% off their next order (from Rachel's shop) of $10 or more.
  • ONE lucky random winner who posts their page during the challenge month by the end of month deadline and meets the criteria will receive a $8.00 coupon for Rachel's Shop here at Oscraps!
  • By completing ALL twelve of Rachel's Mixed Media Challenges at Oscraps in 2023, this will give you the chance to win a three month Guest Gig on her Creative Team or maybe you'll be the lucky winner of a $20 coupon to her shop!
    • In order to be eligible for the annual drawings for the Guest Gig or the $20 Coupon to Rachel's shop you will need to do the following:
      • Complete ALL twelve of Rachel's Mixed Media Challenges at Oscraps in 2023 by December 31, 2023 by 1159 PM PDT.
      • Post the challenge layout in the appropriate challenge month thread in Rachel Jefferies Challenge Threads (for example: January Challenge layout must be posted in the January Challenge thread that is linked back to the gallery--even if you complete it in November, it still must be posted in the January Thread).
      • Complete your tracker thread with a link to each layout by December 31, 2023 by 1159 PM PDT.
Note:for the annual drawings, challenge pages will be accepted for individual challenges after the actual challenge month and the end of month deadlines have both passed.

If you have any questions just tag me and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I look forward to seeing your layouts!

kaklei

Great challenge...I hope I did it fine
I am using background paper, 2 Ephemeras, a bud with shadow, 5 flowers, 3 messy threads, and 4 WordArt from the Rachel Jeffries collections and Paint overlay, Strip with flowers, 1 flower and 1 leaf by Daydream Designs

ClaireG

CHEERY O
Fab challenge!

I used -
Rachel Jefferies - This is Now collection
Paint - flower - staple - date tab - stitch - x4 collage bits = 9 total

Natali Design - Sunny Day all-in-one
Frame - x3 twigs - x1 flower - paper stack - ribbon - wordstrip - background paper = 9 total

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Hello my friends! Spring is right around the corner for us in the US. I love this time of year!!! The newness of life is always so inspiring.

For March, our challenge will be to create a Rachel Designer Mash Up BUT with a twist:
  • at least 50% of your layout should consist of Rachel's Designs that are currently available in her Oscraps Shop and the remaining should be from a Designer here at Oscraps, (example: if your layout has 10 layers, then at least 5 layers has to be Rachel's Designs and the other remaining layers from a Designer of your choice from Oscraps).
  • Here's the twist: The layout should represent your current season. I am purposely leaving this subjective. The season can represent Spring, Fall, Winter, Summer or it can a season of life that you are in etc. It really is based on your definition of a season.
  • it is preferred that the layout is created with as close to a 50/50 designer split as possible but there is room to change the dynamics of the split a little as long as at least half of the layout is using Rachel’s Designs that are currently available here at Oscraps
  • List the total number of elements/papers used from each designer is required (ex: Rachel Jefferies Designs: 1 paper, 3 flowers, 2 stamps, etc; Scrap Designer of your Choice: 2 blended papers and 2 leaves, 1 ribbon, 1 word strip, etc) and indicate which season is being represented (i.e. fall, winter, summer, spring, season of life, etc).
  • Use of a template is acceptable, if the template includes a paper or embellishments (such as threads, stitches, stamps etc.) please note these will need to be included when counting your layers for the relevant designer.
  • Collabs are NOT permitted for this challenge.

Here's a layout created by me:
My Season appears to be one of perpetual chaos with my 2 teens...
I've used a total of 28 items from Rachel & Vicki Stegall
Rachel Designs (Be that Girl):
Paper x 2, paper piece x 2, messy marks x 1, stamps x5, word strip x 1, foliage x1, ticket x1, ribbon x1

Vicki Stegall (Magic in the Mess)
heart charm x1, hanging heart charm x 1, staple x4, large tag x 1, small tag layered under large tag with messy threads x1, vintage page x 1, negative frame x1, messy thread x1, paperbit edge x1, word art x1, paint splatter x1

tSsm8Yz.jpg

Here's some examples from the Team:
by @cfile
n44Emt0.jpg

by @Dady
1m3L6OG.jpg

by @marijke
sNCB3yY.jpg

Challenge Requirements:

* Create a new scrapbook or hybrid layout using at least 50% of Rachel's Designs currently available in her Oscraps Shop and one other Oscraps Designer's Designs.
* Upload your layout to the Rachel Jefferies Designs Gallery at Oscraps and list the designs used in your credits.
* For your challenge entry to be counted, you MUST upload your finished layout to this thread and include the total number of elements/papers used for each designer AND the season being represented. Please link your thread to your gallery image as it helps us leave love on your layout (and, validate your project).
* No double-dipping…your layout must be used for this challenge only, no others.
* This challenge will remain open until March 31, 2023

Prize:
  • All participants who post their page during the challenge month by the end of month deadline and meet the criteria will be eligible for a coupon of 15% off their next order (from Rachel's shop) of $10 or more.
  • ONE lucky random winner who posts their page during the challenge month by the end of month deadline and meets the criteria will receive a $8.00 coupon for Rachel's Shop here at Oscraps!
  • By completing ALL twelve of Rachel's Mixed Media Challenges at Oscraps in 2023, this will give you the chance to win a three month Guest Gig on her Creative Team or maybe you'll be the lucky winner of a $20 coupon to her shop!
    • In order to be eligible for the annual drawings for the Guest Gig or the $20 Coupon to Rachel's shop you will need to do the following:
      • Complete ALL twelve of Rachel's Mixed Media Challenges at Oscraps in 2023 by December 31, 2023 by 1159 PM PDT.
      • Post the challenge layout in the appropriate challenge month thread in Rachel Jefferies Challenge Threads (for example: January Challenge layout must be posted in the January Challenge thread that is linked back to the gallery--even if you complete it in November, it still must be posted in the January Thread).
      • Complete your tracker thread with a link to each layout by December 31, 2023 by 1159 PM PDT.
Note:for the annual drawings, challenge pages will be accepted for individual challenges after the actual challenge month and the end of month deadlines have both passed.

If you have any questions just tag me and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I look forward to seeing your layouts!
Esther, are you saying we HAVE to combine Rachel's products with other designers in this challenge?

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
The season of life I am in is MENOPAUSE, and almost empty nest...and learning to roll with the changes.

I used:
Crafty Button Designs | Darkest Before the Dawn Kit
vintage woman postcard, stitched down confetti, 2 blue flowers, 2 paper flowers, chevron used twice, seated woman image, circles overlay twice, light background paper: 12 layers

Rachel Jefferies | Carefully Curated: This is Me
Rachel Jefferies | Right Now
Rachel Jefferies | The Wonder in Everything
Rachel Jefferies | Carefully Curated: Stay Curious
2 journal prompts, 3 butterflies. clock, arrow, 2x grass, scatters 2X, background paper blended in. 12 Layers

zlemon

Christy

Thanks for hosting this fun challenge, Ester. I chose winter as my season. It was winter when I created this art. But I almost forgot to post it! Hope this still works. I used both Rachel's and Anna Aspnes' goodies. Photo is a friend's pool when it snowed in sunny Arizona. It's so strange to see snow on the diving board of his pool. It keep it simple to let the unique photo shine.

Rachel's goodies: a snowflake element, paint and messy thread
Anna's goodies: a sun element, paint and urban threadz

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
*****entries for the participation coupon and $8 coupon prize draw are now closed from this point onwards for the month of March****

The WINNER will be announced and the participation and the winning $8 coupon will be coming soon.

>>>>>Late entries are welcome and can be added to your reward trackers to enter the annual drawing<<<<

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Congrats to @seniorgal you are the WINNER of this challenge!!! Please check your inbox here at Oscraps for your coupon code. If you have any issues with it, please let me know so that I can work to resolve.

The participation coupon has also been sent to everyone else that Participated. Please check your inbox here at Oscraps for your coupon code. If you have any issues with it, please let me know so that I can work to resolve.

>>>>>Late entries are welcome and can be added to your reward trackers to enter the annual drawing<<<<

Cath VP

A dust in this great universe
I used 14 elements : 7 with Rachel Jefferies and 7 with Crafty Button Designs
Rachel with : "It's All In my Head" : 1 paper + 1 label + 2 journaling prompts + 1 flowers + 1 ribbon + 1 messy stitch
CBD with : "Curiosities" : 1 Background and with : "Lost in my Mind" : 1 Girl Overlay + 1 Point Stamp orange + 1 leaves + 1 dragonfly + 1 text overlay + 1 scatter sequins.
Thank you for this very interesting challenge !

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I decided to go with summer, cuz the summer in Sweden has been TERRIBLE. It's like it was May, June and then it's been October since.

I combined Rachel with Anna Aspnes:

14 from each - and I'm pretty sure I got it all right.

Rachel: 14
Wellies
Rainbow
Flower
Cloud
Raindrops
Stitches
4 wordarts
3 paints
Tape

Anna: 14
Background paper