Oscraps

♥ Songs we Love ♥ Challenge with Joyful Heart Designs - September 2023 **Winners Announced**

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
Happy September!!! :dancingbfly: Thank you to those of you who participated in the August music challenge!! For this month's challenge, I would like you to create a layout about your favorite song to listen to while you are on a road trip! I had a really difficult time picking just one song...man...I like too many bands!! I finally decided on Weezer...I would often play the blue album on repeat while driving to Texas to visit my family :heartpumppink: Picking just one song from that album was difficult, as well! :lol23: I chose "Buddy Holly":

THE RULES:
♥ Use 50% of Joyful Heart Designs products. You are welcome to mix and match with any other designer here at Oscraps :beatingheart:
♥ Please credit all products that were used in your layout, and be sure to list which Joyful Heart Designs products you used.
♥ Post your layout in the Joyful Heart Designs gallery and then come back here and post the link to your layout.
♥ The deadline to complete this challenge is 12am midnight CST time September 30, 2023.

I will be choosing THREE winners who will each receive a $5 coupon to use in my store :heartpumppink:

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
♥ Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon [ little camera ].
♥ This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the continue button.
♥ Your linked layout is now in your post; the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Last edited:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
It's been a really long time since I have been on a road trip but I have a couple of songs/albums from way back when.
Driving back and forth from college I listened to Slippery When Wet (Bon Jovi) and And Justice for All (Metallica) non-stop. A decade or so later, the kids and I would blast American Idiot (Green Day) and The Sickness (Disturbed). Which song and how to scrap them??
*ponders*

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
It's been a really long time since I have been on a road trip but I have a couple of songs/albums from way back when.
Driving back and forth from college I listened to Slippery When Wet (Bon Jovi) and And Justice for All (Metallica) non-stop. A decade or so later, the kids and I would blast American Idiot (Green Day) and The Sickness (Disturbed). Which song and how to scrap them??
*ponders*
Oooo...those are ALL good ones!!! The American Idiot is another CD that I would play a lot on my trips to Texas!! SO good :beatingheart:

Amandajk

Ahhhh- I've got the one! We have a road trip playlist. I typically am not a country music fan, but this guy's work I like-well most of it, :giggle4:
Wait for it...:giggle4::giggle4::giggle4:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Ahhhh- I've got the one! We have a road trip playlist. I typically am not a country music fan, but this guy's work I like-well most of it, :giggle4:
Wait for it...:giggle4::giggle4::giggle4:

Can't wait!!! I am not a big fan of country either...I do like Garth Brooks from the early 90's, but I rarely listen to it. I do like the song "Beer Never Broke My Heart" though!! :giggle4:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
That is an AWESOME video!!!! :lol23: I had never heard that one!!! TFS :love:
My DD's and GK's are die hard country fans and they introduced me to this one. The other one that my GS introduced me to before it hit the charts was Rich Men North of Richmond by Oliver Anthony - it's gone viral since he played it for me. These kids know what's going on.

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
My DD's and GK's are die hard country fans and they introduced me to this one. The other one that my GS introduced me to before it hit the charts was Rich Men North of Richmond by Oliver Anthony - it's gone viral since he played it for me. These kids know what's going on.
I will have to look that one up!!! I must say, I am surrounded in this tiny town of 700-something people, with major country music lovers...that is the main thing I hear blaring from cars and motorcycles as they drive around town...I AM getting more to where I enjoy several songs that they play...I just don't go and listen to country on my own as a genre...I am more alternative rock or 90's rock :banana8:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I will have to look that one up!!! I must say, I am surrounded in this tiny town of 700-something people, with major country music lovers...that is the main thing I hear blaring from cars and motorcycles as they drive around town...I AM getting more to where I enjoy several songs that they play...I just don't go and listen to country on my own as a genre...I am more alternative rock or 90's rock :banana8:
That's all we hear here, too, in Oklahoma. That's all my GK's listen to. Braden knew about that Rich Men North of Richmond before it ever went viral. He told me that the guy was unknown until he recorded that song. That one and Try That in a Small Town have gone crazy viral. I have to tell you that I love the "old country" - Willie, Waylan, Hank Williams Jr, Johnny Cash - they're all gone now except Willie. I tease the kids about liking the "real" country music. Oh geeze, my list of music just gets longer and longer. I won't even go into Motown, R & B and Andrea Bocelli. I have a very diverse playlist. :floorlaugh: I MAY need to make 20 pages, :lol23::lol23:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
I am a diehard classic rock gal, but Willie Nelson has always been one of my favorites and this song especially.
I grew up in Texas hearing this song A LOT (and he is from my home state :heartpumpred:)...LOVE it :heartpumplove: and it IS perfect for a road trip, for sure!!! Willie is an awesome person...I am SO happy that he is still alive!!! I just checked and he is 90 now!! I hope he and his braids keep on rockin' this world :heartpumpred::heartpumppink::heartpumpred::beatingheart::heartpumpred::heartpumppink::heartpumpred:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
That's all we hear here, too, in Oklahoma. That's all my GK's listen to. Braden knew about that Rich Men North of Richmond before it ever went viral. He told me that the guy was unknown until he recorded that song. That one and Try That in a Small Town have gone crazy viral. I have to tell you that I love the "old country" - Willie, Waylan, Hank Williams Jr, Johnny Cash - they're all gone now except Willie. I tease the kids about liking the "real" country music. Oh geeze, my list of music just gets longer and longer. I won't even go into Motown, R & B and Andrea Bocelli. I have a very diverse playlist. :floorlaugh: I MAY need to make 20 pages, :lol23::lol23:
I grew up listening to a lot of country because of my Nana, and other family peeps...I always preferred when Nana would play the Everly Brothers (I love the 40's, 50's, 60's music), but I do love some of the older country songs from my childhood...The Devil Went Down to Georgia for instance! OH MY....I almost forgot that I was actually in love with the song Elvira from the Oakridge Boys!!!! I have a vivid memory...I can still see it in my mind...riding on a school bus in 3rd or 4th grade, in Texas, the bus driver playing that song on the radio, and all of us kids singing and bopping along in our seats with NO seat belts, of course..LOL...it was the BEST time I ever had on a school bus :lovey3:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I grew up listening to a lot of country because of my Nana, and other family peeps...I always preferred when Nana would play the Everly Brothers (I love the 40's, 50's, 60's music), but I do love some of the older country songs from my childhood...The Devil Went Down to Georgia for instance! OH MY....I almost forgot that I was actually in love with the song Elvira from the Oakridge Boys!!!! I have a vivid memory...I can still see it in my mind...riding on a school bus in 3rd or 4th grade, in Texas, the bus driver playing that song on the radio, and all of us kids singing and bopping along in our seats with NO seat belts, of course..LOL...it was the BEST time I ever had on a school bus :lovey3:

Ohhhhh, I loved that song, too My DH loves The Oakridge Boys! Ahhhhh, the memories. Bebopping on the school bus to Elvira. :lol23: :lol23:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Ohhhhh, I loved that song, too My DH loves The Oakridge Boys! Ahhhhh, the memories. Bebopping on the school bus to Elvira. :lol23: :lol23:
I know....LOL I seriously can see the images in my memory of us kids Ooooom bompa bompa mowww mowww....I don't know what they actually sing...I am just typing what my brain thinks MIGHT work :swinging:....OH, and we also hit some bumps along the way because hello, 80's Texas country roads :wazzup::monkebootie: I edited this to fit closer to what my brain has going on....the mowww should almost be like a meow.....not like I am going to go mow the lawn..lol I don't even KNOW how to express that here.....:floorlaugh: Peeps will just have to watch the video or Google the song....and hopefully be happy that they did :blushing1:

Last edited:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Here's mine
I do not have a playlist, but this song
I can not just listen to it, I have to "sing" too. and since I can not really sing, the perfect place to scream along is in the car!

SAME HERE, Diane!!!! That is one of my favorite songs!!! :cloud9: Your layout is SO COOL, as usual!!! :heartpumpred::beatingheart::heartpumpred::beatingheart::heartpumpred:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Last edited:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Three Little Birds (Dub)

I LOVE Bob Marley as well as about a hundred others, but I'm featuring him. I may have to do more than one "Song I Love" and I picked Three Little Birds, but I love all of his songs.

Awwww...SUCH a good song...beautiful job, Cheryl!!!! :lovey3: :beatingheart: :lovey3:

Su_Sanne

Finally I've found this wonderful challenges! Your comments are so interesting - shows a lot of your personality and your preferences. Love it!! It takes me closer to you.
Maybe I should translate the song, American Idiot, since you like it so much? I'm just afraid the translation doesn't reveal any irony. Humor, criticism, irony or ridicule often depends on where you live.
I have been very comfortable with the English language since my school days and I have never stopped translating song lyrics. Although... sometimes I just love the artist...:lovey3: I collect news, I even used to write to publishers to send me information about Prince. Since Google and co. were not yet invented.
Yep, it's out now. :giggle4: In the 80's there wasn't anything in the music market that I liked other than the ever-recurring Bee Gees. Except Mikel and Prince Rogers Nelson. As long as there are ladies here who love Metallica @faerywings , I stand by my genius Prince.:lalala:
By the way, he taught himself to play many instruments. An artist from a poor background who could play the piano or electric guitar like that could only be a genius! Who cares about the lyrics when you watch him on stage??? :thud: I have all of his albums and believe me, there are lyrics that you would like too. So much poetry, so much love and warmth.
But let me start with something completely different. On the way to vacation I like to listen to a collection of favorite songs from Mike and the Mechanics or Nickelback, for example.
Have you ever heard "Far away" or "The living Years"?
What about ZZ TOP or ACDC? Jethro Tull "Locomotive Breath"?
They all blow up my mind!!!!

You have to stop me right now!!!

H.E.L.P I need somebody, help, just not anybody, help ....
Uhh, so much to read for you - sorry for that :jumpropesheep:

Last edited:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Finally I've found this wonderful challenges! Your comments are so interesting - shows a lot of your personality and your preferences. Love it!! It takes me closer to you.
Maybe I should translate the song, American Idiot, since you like it so much? I'm just afraid the translation doesn't reveal any irony. Humor, criticism, irony or ridicule often depends on where you live.
I have been very comfortable with the English language since my school days and I have never stopped translating song lyrics. Although... sometimes I just love the artist...:lovey3: I collect news, I even used to write to publishers to send me information about Prince. Since Google and co. were not yet invented.
Yep, it's out now. :giggle4: In the 80's there wasn't anything in the music market that I liked other than the ever-recurring Bee Gees. Except Mikel and Prince Rogers Nelson. As long as there are ladies here who love Metallica @faerywings , I stand by my genius Prince.:lalala:
By the way, he taught himself to play many instruments. An artist from a poor background who could play the piano or electric guitar like that could only be a genius! Who cares about the lyrics when you watch him on stage??? :thud: I have all of his albums and believe me, there are lyrics that you would like too. So much poetry, so much love and warmth.
But let me start with something completely different. On the way to vacation I like to listen to a collection of favorite songs from Mike and the Mechanics or Nickelback, for example.

YAY!!! So happy you found this challenge, Susanne!!!! :cloud9: Man, it was a very sad day when Prince passed away :gloomy::brokenheart: I totally agree that he was an amazing artist!! A few of my favorites from him are of course, Purple Rain, When Doves Cry, Little Red Corvette, Raspberry Beret, and 7...I especially love the music in 7, and the music video!! That came out in 1992, the year before I graduated from high school...it brings back a lot of memories :heartpumplove: And YES, I have listed to a lot of Nickelback in the past...when This is How You Remind Me came out I listed to it over and over again on one of my road trips to Texas!!! Thankfully it was a CD, so I didn't wear out any cassette tapes :giggle4: Growing up, my step dad loved ZZ TOP, ACDC, Deep Purple, so I heard a lot of that music, as well :) I also listen to a lot of music from the 40's and 50's, especially when I am cooking and I play my own playlist of those songs often while we are eating dinner :lovey3: Good luck picking a song to create a layout about...I can tell that this will be a TRUE challenge for you, like it has been for the rest of us!!! :rotfl: Edited to add that it is CRAZY how much technology has advanced...I remember having to go to the library to use their encyclopedias to write papers!! :toiletpaper:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O

I JUST sent you a link and you beat me to it. You'll love these challenges, not to mention that we have loads of fun here!!

Su_Sanne

I JUST sent you a link and you beat me to it. You'll love these challenges, not to mention that we have loads of fun here!!
This challenge will push me to my limits because I have to change my style again completely. :thud:
Thank you again for your Standing O. It means a lot to me, because I created it in memory of a great artist.
I was in a Prince FB group for a long time. When he died we decided that everyone should go to a body of water and throw purple flowers into it. Hopefully Google translated this correctly. It sounds so weird in English. It was probably the autobiographical film that really touched me.

Last edited: