Oscraps

♥ Songs we Love ♥ Challenge with Joyful Heart Designs - September 2023 **Winners Announced**

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
This challenge will push me to my limits because I have to change my style again completely. :thud:
Thank you again for your Standing O. It means a lot to me, because I created it in memory of a great artist.
I was in a Prince FB group for a long time. When he died we decided that everyone should go to a body of water and throw purple flowers into it. Hopefully Google translated this correctly. It sounds so weird in English. It was probably the autobiographical film that really touched me.
Susannnnnnnnneeeee.....GIRL!!! You received TWO Standing O's with these layouts!!!! :bowdown::heartpumplove: I LOVE both of them...you did an INCREDIBLE job and ROCKED it!! I hope you join us again, next month :beatingheart: And what you said about your Prince FB group made total sense, that was such a sweet sentiment throwing purple flowers into water in his honor :heartpumppink:

Su_Sanne

Susannnnnnnnneeeee.....GIRL!!! You received TWO Standing O's with these layouts!!!! :bowdown::heartpumplove: I LOVE both of them...you did an INCREDIBLE job and ROCKED it!! I hope you join us again, next month :beatingheart: And what you said about your Prince FB group made total sense, that was such a sweet sentiment throwing purple flowers into water in his honor :heartpumppink:
Thank you, Jenn! Of course I will join this group again! I'm a part of it :cheer:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
When I think of a traveling song...I remember us driving back from Sharm el Sheikh in the Sinai Desert heading on our way back to Cairo, Egypt. We were stopped in the blazing sun for about 2 hours waiting to go through the tunnel under the Suez Cannel. Horse With No Name by America was playing on our CD player. It was perfect for the time and place.

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
When I think of a traveling song...I remember us driving back from Sharm el Sheikh in the Sinai Desert heading on our way back to Cairo, Egypt. We were stopped in the blazing sun for about 2 hours waiting to go through the tunnel under the Suez Cannel. Horse With No Name by America was playing on our CD player. It was perfect for the time and place.

Definitely a good one, Miss Kay!!! And wow...the life you have lived...so many experiences that so many of us cannot say that we have had ourselves!! Thanks for sharing them :lovey3:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O

Kay, you've had so many experiences. I LOVE this song and where it took you. :lovey3:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I LOVE Bob Marley as well as about a hundred others, but I'm featuring him. I may have to do more than one "Songs I Love" and I picked Three Little Birds, but I love all of his songs.

I read his bio on wikipedia. ALL of his kids were singers/song writers/musicians/ grammy award winners!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
YAY!!! So happy you found this challenge, Susanne!!!! :cloud9: Man, it was a very sad day when Prince passed away :gloomy::brokenheart: I totally agree that he was an amazing artist!! A few of my favorites from him are of course, Purple Rain, When Doves Cry, Little Red Corvette, Raspberry Beret, and 7...I especially love the music in 7, and the music video!! That came out in 1992, the year before I graduated from high school...it brings back a lot of memories :heartpumplove: And YES, I have listed to a lot of Nickelback in the past...when This is How You Remind Me came out I listed to it over and over again on one of my road trips to Texas!!! Thankfully it was a CD, so I didn't wear out any cassette tapes :giggle4: Growing up, my step dad loved ZZ TOP, ACDC, Deep Purple, so I heard a lot of that music, as well :) I also listen to a lot of music from the 40's and 50's, especially when I am cooking and I play my own playlist of those songs often while we are eating dinner :lovey3: Good luck picking a song to create a layout about...I can tell that this will be a TRUE challenge for you, like it has been for the rest of us!!! :rotfl: Edited to add that it is CRAZY how much technology has advanced...I remember having to go to the library to use their encyclopedias to write papers!! :toiletpaper:
So, you must be in your late 40's because I graduated in 1973 and will be 68 next month.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Since my (deceased) husband was a pastor, I used to travel by myself to visit my daughters or stay with the grandchildren or pick them up and bring them back home with me. While traveling I would play various genres of music. One of those genres was gospel bluegrass. I remember this song (sung by The New Tradition on their CD, Bluegrass Gospel at its Finest, Brentwood Music) in particular always seemed to make me cry. While mom and I had our differences in my teenaged years I loved her dearly. I used to say, during those tumultuous teen years, “I’m not raising my kids this way!” But, guess what? I raised my kids the same way I was raised…..strictly and God-fearing! There were no “choose your battles.” It was basically, “my way or the highway!” If I had it to do over again, I might decide to “choose my battles.” But, I have to say, the Lord blessed us with great kids. While they were not “angels,” they were great kids and have grown to be great, God-fearing moms and dads! Thank You, LORD! And, if I could have a do-over with mom, I would treat her with more respect! I’m sure some of you can relate.

12:42 minutes into the music you can hear this song here:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Since my (deceased) husband was a pastor, I used to travel by myself to visit my daughters or stay with the grandchildren or pick them up and bring them back home with me. While traveling I would play various genres of music. One of those genres was gospel bluegrass. I remember this song (sung by The New Tradition on their CD, Bluegrass Gospel at its Finest, Brentwood Music) in particular always seemed to make me cry. While mom and I had our differences in my teenaged years I loved her dearly. I used to say, during those tumultuous teen years, “I’m not raising my kids this way!” But, guess what? I raised my kids the same way I was raised…..strictly and God-fearing! There were no “choose your battles.” It was basically, “my way or the highway!” If I had it to do over again, I might decide to “choose my battles.” But, I have to say, the Lord blessed us with great kids. While they were not “angels,” they were great kids and have grown to be great, God-fearing moms and dads! Thank You, LORD! And, if I could have a do-over with mom, I would treat her with more respect! I’m sure some of you can relate.

Oh Vicky, this is gorgeous :hug2::beatingheart: What a wonderful tribute to your beautiful Mom!! :cloud9: Thank you for participating!! It has been so fun to see everyone's different songs!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O

This is awesome, Vicky! Your layout is so precious and so influenced by Blue Grass. People don't realize that BG music is the root of so much country music. I have always love Blue Grass and we used to listen to it in HS on Randy's Record Mart.

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
I figured since this is a song challenge, we can also just jump in and share any songs we want... :giggle4: So, I just saw this video on YouTube...I love The Monkees, and how CUTE is Micky when he was a kid?!!! :cloud9: