Oscraps

♥ Songs we Love ♥ Challenge with Joyful Heart Designs - January 2024

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
Happy New Year!!! :heartpumplove: I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas, and are having a happy New Year, so far :beatingheart: For this month, I was thinking about WHY I started this challenge....it really was because of us all sharing our multiple favorite songs with each other in a thread...and for several of the upcoming months, that might be all it is. I LOVE music, and celebrating it, sharing your favorite songs with others is wonderful, I think :heartpumpred: So, your challenge for this month is to create a layout that represents one of your favorite songs :lovey3:

I have TOO MANY favorite songs, but so many of them are from the 90's...I graduated high school in 1993...I can never choose just one of anything when it comes to most things...lol I made chili today, on New Years, and played the Mellow 90's Rock playlist on Amazon Music. I heard a lot of my favorites while I was cooking. The 90's is my favorite music era, then it switches to the 40's and 50's. "Come to My Window" is the first song on that playlist, there is also "She Talks to Angels", "What's Going On?", "She's So High", "Slide"...and of course my grunge favs from Nirvana, Soundgarden....and if you have never heard of Soundgarden, the lead singer, Chris Cornell, is AMAZING, and did his own music for quite a while before he sadly passed. He is my favorite vocalist...I can listen to him ALL DAY.

I have finally chosen a song which is one of MY favorites. I decided on "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls...seriously, there are TONS of songs that I could also post...this is agonizing....LOL John is also quite HOT in this music video....I miss the days of those haircuts :giggle4: I reallllly miss the 90's, PERIOD.

THE RULES:
♥ Use 50% of Joyful Heart Designs products. You are welcome to mix and match with any other designer here at Oscraps :beatingheart:
♥ Please credit all products that were used in your layout, and be sure to list which Joyful Heart Designs products you used.
♥ Post your layout in the Joyful Heart Designs gallery and then come back here and post the link to your layout.
♥ The deadline to complete this challenge is 12am midnight CST time January 31, 2024.

I will be choosing SIX winners who will each receive a $5 coupon to use in my store :heartpumppink:

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
♥ Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon [ little camera ].
♥ This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the continue button.
♥ Your linked layout is now in your post; the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

GraceJ

Love 90's music too! and the song you've chose is one of my very faves! my favorite groups/ singers are INXS (actually when I was just 17 I went to my first concert alone with a friend, and it was an INXS concert! ); Toad the wet sprocket, Gin Blossoms, Blind Melon, Duran Duran, Jamiroquai, Take that, Nirvana, Savage Garden, Bush, Roxette, etc. . Love Chris Cornell job included the stuff he did with Nirvana and Pearl Jam. I remember from my teen time a video from him, that it was almost all the time in MTVmusic, black hole sun, and some children with magnified lens in a green grass, etc., my sister and I sang aloud the song while watching the video, those were great times! I still missing those days eating crunch tators (the best chips) and drinking pepsi max, lol. Sorry for writing a newspaper here, I thank for the challenge and for the good memories that came to my mind. I'll be back with my page, you have a wonderful weekend my dear :lovey3: :beatingheart:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I love music from the 80's and 90's too. My kids were listening to both decades on MTV - what a fabulous network that was. My oldest DD and I were talking about MTV the other night. She remembers the very day that we got MTV just for her and she had a TV in her room. She said she thought she was the luckiest kid in the world. I just looked this up: MTV's first day - August 1, 1981. That would be about right according to my memory bank. LOL

I'm a huge fan of Motown, and all of the artists who cut their teeth there; Marvin Gaye, The Supremes, The Jackson 5, all R&B (Anybody else old enough or cool enough to remember Randy's Record Mart? He played all the way from the north to the south, on the radio and played R&B and lots of Blues. https://www.tennessean.com/in-depth...o-nashville-station-rb-soul-music/5606792001/ John Lee Hooker was one of my favorites.

Anyhoo, I have NO idea what I'll come up with. That being said, I LOVE these challenges be ause I LOVE music.

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
I had a house bunny and she hated all music. After she was long gone, I still never played my old music. This challenge was such a delight. I might try again now if I don't just listen to piano. Thanks Jenn for the challenge! :D

This is awesome!!! Love the swirling lyrics...great song choice :beatingheart:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I didn't have to think too hard about my one of my favorite artists, and that's Marvin Gaye. I did have to decide on which song of his to use. A few of his later songs aren't "family friendly" but they're probably my favorites. Inner City Blues has to be one of his top songs for me - it's so soulful and I know that song (when I hear it) on the first note. I always know his songs on the first note, though.

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
I didn't have to think too hard about my one of my favorite artists, and that's Marvin Gaye. I did have to decide on which song of his to use. A few of his later songs aren't "family friendly" but they're probably my favorites. Inner City Blues has to be one of his top songs for me - it's so soulful and I know that song (when I hear it) on the first note. I always know his songs on the first note, though.

I have to admit that I have never heard this song before!! :blushing1: You've got me groovin' over here as I play it in the background! Love the mix of elements and effects you did here...very provactive as you listen to the song! :beatingheart:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I have always loved listening to Pentatonix... with just their voices, they create the most wonderful music. Listening to their acapella singing can bring one to tears. I ran across one song of theirs that I had not heard before this past week... "PERFECT". It does have a beautiful cello accompaniment that blends seamlessly into their style of signing. Once I read the lyrics, I knew I had to scrap about this song. It is as if it was written about my husband and I and our life.

I used Parallons 3 and Reverie for my page

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
I have always loved listening to Pentatonix... with just their voices, they create the most wonderful music. Listening to their acapella singing can bring one to tears. I ran across one song of theirs that I had not heard before this past week... "PERFECT". It does have a beautiful cello accompaniment that blends seamlessly into their style of signing. Once I read the lyrics, I knew I had to scrap about this song. It is as if it was written about my husband and I and our life.

I used Parallons 3 and Reverie for my page

I agree, Pentatonix is AMAZING!! And that is a super sweet song by Ed Sheeran :lovey3: Beautiful LOVE layout, Miss Kay :heartpumpred::beatingheart::heartpumpred:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
I used your kit, Hello There, so I thought Hello It's Me, an old favorite of mine, was appropriate.
Beautiful layout, Mary!! :lovey3: This is another new song to me...you guys are educating me, this month!!! It does sound faintly familiar, which since it came out in 1972, and I was born in 1975, that probably means that I did hear it in my early childhood at some point, but it wasn't something that I grew up hearing. I like it!! I really like Todd's voice..."I Saw the Light" is way more familiar to me, which came out in the same year :heartpumpred: Thank you for participating in the challenge!! I hope you continue to :beatingheart:

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Well, I could write a novel on how much I love Per Gessle's way of writing lyrics. He plays with words - almost paints with them. It's like the words are just another instrument he uses to create music. Often very non-sensical, it's more about how the words sounds, than whatever meaning they have. This is true for his lyrics both in Swedish and in English. I really should make one layout with lyrics from each and every song he's written. It's over a 1000.

I picked Joyride for a couple of reasons. I love the story behind the song: his then girlfriend, now wife, early in their relationship left him a note on the table one day "Hej din tok, jag älskar dig!" - Per translated it to "Hello, you fool, I love you!" - and the rest is history. He wrote this monster hit - and it's basically a love song to her. Also, I have a personal connection to this song, or rather the album. Me and Urban had just moved in together, and one day - out of the blue, for no reason at all - he came home from school, and he had bought me this album. He wasn't a huge fan of Roxette himself, he just saw it in the store, knew I love Per, and bought it for me. And finally - it's one **** of a song - a proper Joyride!

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Well, I could write a novel on how much I love Per Gessle's way of writing lyrics. He plays with words - almost paints with them. It's like the words are just another instrument he uses to create music. Often very non-sensical, it's more about how the words sounds, than whatever meaning they have. This is true for his lyrics both in Swedish and in English. I really should make one layout with lyrics from each and every song he's written. It's over a 1000.

I picked Joyride for a couple of reasons. I love the story behind the song: his then girlfriend, now wife, early in their relationship left him a note on the table one day "Hej din tok, jag älskar dig!" - Per translated it to "Hello, you fool, I love you!" - and the rest is history. He wrote this monster hit - and it's basically a love song to her. Also, I have a personal connection to this song, or rather the album. Me and Urban had just moved in together, and one day - out of the blue, for no reason at all - he came home from school, and he had bought me this album. He wasn't a huge fan of Roxette himself, he just saw it in the store, knew I love Per, and bought it for me. And finally - it's one **** of a song - a proper Joyride!

That is a sweet background on how the song was written! I really like Roxette...Must Have Been Love and Listen to Your Heart are two of my favorites :lovey3: Beautiful layout, love the addition of the car!! Awesomeness :beatingheart::heartpumpred::beatingheart:

Pia/Pippin

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
I had a lot of favourite bands and artist in younger days, but the one I chose is very special to me. This song my hubby and I danced to in 1986 when we met for the first time. Everytime we hear it we always say: "They are playing our song". The photo on the layout is of him and me when we were much younger.

Great photo of you guys!! Another wonderful song...Whitney was such an amazing singer :lovey3: It is so cool that you guys actually have your own song! :heartpumpred:

Christi

Thank you! I have already been shopping and am planning on using the purchase (Nature's harmony) in one of the monthly challenges. I will keep you posted...:heartpumpred: