Oscraps

♥ Love of the Dark Side ♥ Challenge with Joyful Heart Designs - August 2023 **Winners Announced**

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
I have a MAJOR love for all things spooky and dark, and Halloween is my favorite holiday :witch: If you are like me, join me in celebrating the dark side...if you dare...muahahahahaaaa :vamp1::giggle4:

For this first challenge, I would like you to create a layout that showcases the spookiest thing that has ever happened to you! This could be that time when you were just a poor little child, laying in your bedroom alone, in the dark, praying that the closet door wouldn't open on it's own...or that time you and your friends went to a graveyard at night and actually saw one of those creepy shadow people things...or that other time when you were up late, watching a scary movie, and you suddenly heard a noise coming from somewhere else in the house......
...but NO ONE ELSE WAS HOME...:grimreaper:

:voodoodoll: THE RULES:

♥ Use 50% of Joyful Heart Designs products. You are welcome to mix and match with any other designer here at Oscraps :beatingheart:
♥ Please credit all products that were used in your layout, and be sure to list which Joyful Heart Designs products you used.
♥ Post your layout in the Joyful Heart Designs gallery and then come back here and post the link to your layout.
♥ The DEADline to complete this challenge is 12am midnight CST time August 31, 2023.

I will be choosing THREE winners who will each receive a $5 coupon to use in my store :heartpumppink:

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
♥ Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon [ little camera ].
♥ This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the continue button.
♥ Your linked layout is now in your post; the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
:spider1:
I can't wait to see what you spooky little chickadees create!!!

Last edited:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
HILARIOUS!!!!! Dads can seriously be up for scaring the crap out of us...my step dad who I just call DAD now, even though he and my mom are divorced now, he worked at a TV store as a repair man at the time...I was in I think 5th grade, so that would be 1985....he brought the Freddy Krueger cardboard cut out home with him and and put it outside of our single wide trailer's living room window and knocked on the window....it was SCARY but AWESOME...LOL

Thank you for participating :heartpumpred::heartpumppink::heartpumppink::heartpumpred:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
HILARIOUS!!!!! Dads can seriously be up for scaring the crap out of us...my step dad who I just call DAD now, even though he and my mom are divorced now, he worked at a TV store as a repair man at the time...I was in I think 5th grade, so that would be 1985....he brought the Freddy Krueger cardboard cut out home with him and and put it outside of our single wide trailer's living room window and knocked on the window....it was SCARY but AWESOME...LOL

Thank you for participating :heartpumpred::heartpumppink::heartpumppink::heartpumpred:
Oh, that's freaky but funny too! This became funnier every time we told it over the years. But Freddy Krueger????? YIKES!!!:hiding2::hiding1:o_O

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Oh, that's freaky but funny too! This became funnier every time we told it over the years. But Freddy Krueger????? YIKES!!!:hiding2::hiding1:o_O
Right?!!! I was only like 9 or 10 since it was around 5th grade, and I am an August girl. I grew up in horror...I was 5 years old and my super young mom took me to the drive thru to see the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. She also read scary Stephen King stories to me as bedtime stories while I was trying to fall asleep. She sucks. I don't talk to her anymore, so I can say that. I would never want to terrify my kids like she did me...that's why I wouldn't let my kids watch scary stuff, if I was able to prevent it. My youngest is 17 now, and my others are 26 and 27...the only scaring I did was jump scares...always fun....LOL Oh, and threatening to tickle....THAT is terrifying in my head...

*edited to add that my "mom" has done things towards MY daughter, and that is why I am done with her. I just didn't want people to start talking about what I said about her... I stand by what I said. Maybe I should make this a drama challenge?! LOL

Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Right?!!! I was only like 9 or 10 since it was around 5th grade, and I am an August girl. I grew up in horror...I was 5 years old and my super young mom took me to the drive thru to see the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. She also read scary Stephen King stories to me as bedtime stories while I was trying to fall asleep. She sucks. I don't talk to her anymore, so I can say that. I would never want to terrify my kids like she did me...that's why I wouldn't let my kids watch scary stuff, if I was able to prevent it. My youngest is 17 now, and my others are 26 and 27...the only scaring I did was jump scares...always fun....LOL Oh, and threatening to tickle....THAT is terrifying in my head...

*edited to add that my "mom" has done things towards MY daughter, and that is why I am done with her. I just didn't want people to start talking about what I said about her... I stand by what I said. Maybe I should make this a drama challenge?! LOL
Oh, don't get me started on our moms. But, she never took me to horror movies - the drama - I've got LOTS of that. I have a "favorite drama mom moment" - LOTS of them, but one has been told over and over. I'm still ticked off about it. My mom was the QUEEN OF ALL DRAMA! I can't even imagine being read Stephen King as bedtime stories. When I read Pet Cemetary, it was in broad daylight, and I sat with my back in the corner. :hiding2::hiding1::bitingnails:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
Oh, don't get me started on our moms. But, she never took me to horror movies - the drama - I've got LOTS of that. I have a "favorite drama mom moment" - LOTS of them, but one has been told over and over. I'm still ticked off about it. My mom was the QUEEN OF ALL DRAMA! I can't even imagine being read Stephen King as bedtime stories. When I read Pet Cemetary, it was in broad daylight, and I sat with my back in the corner. :hiding2::hiding1::bitingnails:
Oi....SO much mom fun all around...LOL:killer:

Oooooo, Pet Sematary is one of my favorites...the book is SO much better than the movie!! His "It" book is the one that really scared me the most...LOVE it!! :heartpumpred:

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
I don't like Spooky! Creepy! Thanks for the challenge!
Ah man....that movie IS gross and scary!!!! I watched the extended version several years ago...there were scenes that weren't included in the original release...I don't remember if her backwards crab crawling down the stairs was in the original, or in the extended version, but THAT creeped me out SO much!! I don't think I am using the correct terms for what she was doing...LOL Man...well, I am happy you survived watching it, and that is crazy about what your pastor had heard from others who participated in that exorcism! I hope you end up sleeping okay tonight...eek! :hug4: :beatingheart:

isDK

I can't yet tell much of my own story, but the torture chambers in Ukraine come to mind from my childhood. So I'm a bit obsessed with Ukraine's fight for freedom and that's my story. I made the meme poster for my Twitter people in Ukraine.
Thanks JHD for this challenge!

joyfulheartdesigns

Designer
I can't yet tell much of my own story, but the torture chambers in Ukraine come to mind from my childhood. So I'm a bit obsessed with Ukraine's fight for freedom and that's my story. I made the meme poster for my Twitter people in Ukraine.
Thanks JHD for this challenge!
Thank you so much for participating in the challenge...this is a good reminder of what "scary" & "horror" actually are for some people outside of your typical scary movie/story situation!!! I HATE what has happened to the people of Ukraine...I can't say too much...trying to control my tongue right now... :censored: