Oscraps

anna-aspnes-digital-scrapbook-anna-color-mosaics.jpg  AnnaColor Rainbow Mosaics
dwsewbiz

anna-aspnes-digital-scrapbook-anna-color-mosaics.jpg AnnaColor Rainbow Mosaics

This wonderful mosaic mural discovered in my new neighborhood made a good subject for the rainbow color challenge.
It's hard to describe the evolution of a full design such as this.
I start with placing all the photos on the pages, in the sizes and placements I think I want them, then deal with them one at a time.
I used MultiMedia Documents, Rainbow FotoBlendz, and MultiMedia Accordian (4-frame modified to be a 3-frame) for the photos.
Then I started dressing things up with stains, brushes (practicing my Creative Artistry with Toolsets), Transfers, Watercolor Palm Trees (in Dissolve mode), and some surfing elements.
I created the title from Meraki WordArt, modifying the letters.
FInally I added a copy of the photo in Dissolve Mode.
Just a few elements added to this very busy page - a Rainbow, a few beads, and some shells.
Credits list
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Maya de Groot
  • Wow
Reactions: lacy
Excellent job on the brushwork. I especially like the faint artwork across the three vertical frames. Great take on the challenge.

I think you live in the most interesting place, always fun things to see and enjoy! Love the blending and vibrant colors!

I think you live in the most interesting place, always fun things to see and enjoy! Love the blending and vibrant colors!
I haven't even begun to explore. Being LA, I don't want to leave my 5-mile radius :)

We had a mural similar to this in our old house! The kids copied the design from a surf shack we visited in Cape May...this was flashing through my head before I read about the work and saw your subject was also a mural. You did a beautiful job documenting this and every detail is just so. Applause!

I first thought you had used a mosaic filter.
but anyway, perfect take on the colour challenge.

Nice mural! This reminds me of your mosaic bowling balls (?)
I like the idea of beach themed mosaic bowling balls :) for your new garden (when that happens). Beautiful pages!

We had a mural similar to this in our old house! The kids copied the design from a surf shack we visited in Cape May...this was flashing through my head before I read about the work and saw your subject was also a mural. You did a beautiful job documenting this and every detail is just so. Applause!
How cool and small-worldish!

Nice mural! This reminds me of your mosaic bowling balls (?)
I like the idea of beach themed mosaic bowling balls :) for your new garden (when that happens). Beautiful pages!
Yes, it reminded me of my bowling balls - I miss doing mosaics. Spoke to a women at a local art show who put mosaics on recycled surfboards - how I wish I could do that. But no supplies here. If I did, it would be beach-themed for sure!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
dwsewbiz
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename