Oscraps

WINNER ANNOUNCED: Tips & Tricks Challenge with Karen Schulz, June 2022

Karen Schulz Designs

Designer
Designer
Clip.jpg
Welcome to the Tips & Tricks Challenge of 2022! My name is Karen (Karen Schulz Designs), and I am your Hostess for this challenge.
  • Each month I will be presenting you with a Tips and Tricks Tutorial.
  • Your challenge will be to take what you learn and put it into practice.
This month we will be using a brush to add to a mask, making it perfect for a photo that we want to use. This tutorial will work exactly the same in Photoshop Elements and Photoshop, except if noted.

What You Need To Do:

Download a copy of this month's tutorial on How to Add to a Clipping Mask or visit our blog to read the tutorial.

2. Putting the Tutorial into Practice: I've included a mask in the Download for you to practice with, or you may use a mask that you already own. Clip a photo to it, Following the tutorial instructions add to the mask to make any necessary adjustments to make it perfect for your photo.

3. Show Us Your Work:
  • Put your work on the Template included in the Download.
  • Post your Preview in the Oscraps Gallery and add the following tags: (#karen schulz tips & tricks challenge, #karen schulz, .) Quick tip! copy the text between the parentheses and paste it into the tag area.
  • Link your image in this thread for a chance to win a $5.00 Gift Certified to my store. (Linking instructions below).
4. Challenge Ends June 30th.

I look forward to seeing your work!

Karen Schulz Designs

Designer
Designer
This is such a helpful technique! I added into the mask, especially over the eyes and hand. I also used the same technique but with the eraser to take away a little of the mask over the accent.
Bonus points :D I used your Color Replacement tutorial to change the color of the border on my paper
What a swet page, Chris. The perfect photo to use with this quote. ;) Yes, I would definitely have added to the mask over the eyes, just as you did. Thanks for participating in the challenge.