Oscraps

**WINNER ANNOUNCED** Day 2 - Scavenger Hunt | GAME

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Why is this ALWAYS so hard? The fun greatly diminish the longer you have to hunt for obscure and half-hidden elements. I thought this would be easier, but it is not. Coal, really? Three trees on a road? C'mon now. Suggestion for next year: use November/December holidays elements. Then maybe you would discover new kits that you really might buy to use later.
Sorry you are having problems Cristy. I found it far more easier than the conventional hunt ......... rather than a scavenger hunt it was more a match the element to a designer. In the majority of cases the preview that contained the element was in the first few kits in the designer's store. The only one that stumped me was the little girl, but as Susan pointed out in one of her posts, in the store preview we don't get to see all of her, only her face and she was hiding behind a sign. :giggle4:

I think Susan has done an exceptional job in providing us with a fun game, while it may have been challenging for some, remember that these types of games are supposed to challenge us. :)

Hint: Don't forget everyone, that at the time of this game being posted everyone had 12 days to play it, so perhaps just spread it out and just look for an element or two each day. :) At the time of my writing this, you still have approx. 7 days to complete, so just take it easy. :)

GraceJ

Not three trees on a road - three trees in a row. Maybe it should say bunched together? I DID use holiday elements, and things associated with the holiday period, but not all countries celebrate the same, so I did winter items as well as holiday items.

I promise you really can see them on the previews and don't have to open them all the way. @GraceJ - you can make them bigger by holding your Ctrl key down while you scroll up or down with your mouse. It will make everything on the page bigger. Just keep in mind when you enlarge it may affect your page count. You can also go the far right under the divider and adjust the items shown on the page so they are bigger, but not by much. Does that help?
View attachment 408443 This makes it the biggest,
It helped, thank you so much my dear

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I DID IT! WOOHOO!

200w.webp

FloridaGranny

@FloridaGranny Diane, I don't see your list in my PMs would you send it again, please?
Susan Oh no! I’m away for the week and my list is on the home computer. I promise you I got them all and I’ll happily send the list to you again but obviously not in time for the end of the games. What should I do? I’m about to board a train and am not sure of WiFi plus I won’t have my laptop until late tomorrow in case you want me to start again . Ugh. If you answer this and I don’t respond it’s because of the WiFi situation. I’m so very sorry. Diane

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Susan Oh no! I’m away for the week and my list is on the home computer. I promise you I got them all and I’ll happily send the list to you again but obviously not in time for the end of the games. What should I do? I’m about to board a train and am not sure of WiFi plus I won’t have my laptop until late tomorrow in case you want me to start again . Ugh. If you answer this and I don’t respond it’s because of the WiFi situation. I’m so very sorry. Diane
Don't panic Diane! The games wil finish on 13th BUT we know that you did try to send etc. so as long as we receive it by Dec 31st in this circumstance it will be fine! Enjoy your trip!! xx

FloridaGranny

Don't panic Diane! The games wil finish on 13th BUT we know that you did try to send etc. so as long as we receive it by Dec 31st in this circumstance it will be fine! Enjoy your trip!! xx
Whew! I just got back to WiFi and saw your note. Thank you so much for taking pity on me. I'll re-send the list as soon as I get home. Big hugs!

zlemon

Christy
Sorry you are having problems Cristy. I found it far more easier than the conventional hunt ......... rather than a scavenger hunt it was more a match the element to a designer. In the majority of cases the preview that contained the element was in the first few kits in the designer's store. The only one that stumped me was the little girl, but as Susan pointed out in one of her posts, in the store preview we don't get to see all of her, only her face and she was hiding behind a sign. :giggle4:

I think Susan has done an exceptional job in providing us with a fun game, while it may have been challenging for some, remember that these types of games are supposed to challenge us. :)

Hint: Don't forget everyone, that at the time of this game being posted everyone had 12 days to play it, so perhaps just spread it out and just look for an element or two each day. :) At the time of my writing this, you still have approx. 7 days to complete, so just take it easy. :)
Thanks, Ona, for your encouragement and hints. I, agree, Susan did a great organizing this game. But it's still tricky for me. I've tried several times and still can only find 7 things. My problem is that there are several generic items that can be found in several designers stash like a Santa, a little girl, and snowman. And, if you pick the wrong "Santa" for example, it throws your hunt off. Your options are then wrong for the other designers. I'm glad this was easy for many. It's just not for me. Wishing you and all the other Cheery O`s (including Buddy, the Elf) the happiest of holidays.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Thanks, Ona, for your encouragement and hints. I, agree, Susan did a great organizing this game. But it's still tricky for me. I've tried several times and still can only find 7 things. My problem is that there are several generic items that can be found in several designers stash like a Santa, a little girl, and snowman. And, if you pick the wrong "Santa" for example, it throws your hunt off. Your options are then wrong for the other designers. I'm glad this was easy for many. It's just not for me. Wishing you and all the other Cheery O`s (including Buddy, the Elf) the happiest of holidays.
Did you still send a message to Susan, with some guesses at least? You only needed to have participated, not get them all right if you wanted the chance of being put in the draw for one of the big prizes? :)

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Winners have been announced in the first post! Thanks to everyone that joined Susan in the challenge! :xmas9: