Oscraps

She did it, she passed her exam!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
1663419729939.png
And there is going to be a Licensed Social Worker in the houuuusssse!!

Not that anyone is actually surprised that she passed the exam but Caitlyn is happy and relieved. It is excellent that she was able to find out right then and there. She needed to get 106 questions right in order to pass and she got 130 :D
The exam process was pretty intense, she had to go through a security check: a palm scanner, a pat-down, not allowed to have her hair up, and they had to examine her glasses before she even entered the exam room.
Her next step is a background check/fingerprinting and then she gets her license.

And after that, she still needs to take Continuing Ed Units and renew her license every two years. It's a tough program

LSlycord

Excellent news! I was just wondering whether she would find out on the spot or whether she would need to wait for results! Certainly not at all surprised that she passed, but I do know that is a huge weight off her shoulders to have it done! Congrats to Miss Cait, LSW!#clap

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
200.gif

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
View attachment 379686
And there is going to be a Licensed Social Worker in the houuuusssse!!

Not that anyone is actually surprised that she passed the exam but Caitlyn is happy and relieved. It is excellent that she was able to find out right then and there. She needed to get 106 questions right in order to pass and she got 130 :D
The exam process was pretty intense, she had to go through a security check: a palm scanner, a pat-down, not allowed to have her hair up, and they had to examine her glasses before she even entered the exam room.
Her next step is a background check/fingerprinting and then she gets her license.

And after that, she still needs to take Continuing Ed Units and renew her license every two years. It's a tough program
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
WOW! I can't believe all of the check-points she had to go through before even entering the exam room! Almost a strip search!

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
That's great news, Chris! A lot of professional licenses require a certain amount of continuing ed to maintain your license once you get it. In Michigan for vet techs it's 15 units every 3 years. My sister has to do something similar to maintain her real estate license.

Anyways...does she have a potential job lined up already?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
That's such incredible news, Chair!!! Congrats to Cait - I'm not surprised at all!!! I'm SO happy for her and ALL of you!! #clap#clap

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
yahooooo!!! how wonderful!!! How very proud you must feel Chris and no doubt Cait does herself, such a gigantic achievement!!! #kiss3#clap

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Thank you, everyone!!!
She is so relieved. The next step is to get a job. She has been working as an Academic Advisor at her college/grad school. That was the position she had as an MSW intern and she is filling in for someone who is on Maternity leave. She has applied for a permanent position there- along with 40+ other people- so we have our fingers crossed that she gets the job.

@AZK I think she said that she will need 60 CEUs every 2 years. Not sure if that is the exact number but it was a lot
Good thing she loves learning ;)

Reactions: AZK

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
PS: She also said to tell you all THANK YOU!
She appreciated all of your good thoughts and support very much

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Thank you, everyone!!!
She is so relieved. The next step is to get a job. She has been working as an Academic Advisor at her college/grad school. That was the position she had as an MSW intern and she is filling in for someone who is on Maternity leave. She has applied for a permanent position there- along with 40+ other people- so we have our fingers crossed that she gets the job.

@AZK I think she said that she will need 60 CEUs every 2 years. Not sure if that is the exact number but it was a lot
Good thing she loves learning ;)
Wow, that IS a lot! Hopefully having her foot in the door will help her get that position!

easyeyes4you

WOW!!! congratulations... that is a long hard journey... and what on earth have we come to, to require all that checking to take an exam... unreal!!!! Happy for you and for her!!!!