Oscraps

September Art Journal Challenge #3 - Full Moon

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
For September, I am hosting the Full Moon challenge. Your goal for this challenge is to create an art journal page inspired by the Full Moon.

About the Full Moon
The full moon is the lunar phase when the Moon appears fully illuminated from Earth's perspective. This occurs when Earth is located between the Sun and the Moon. This means that the lunar hemisphere facing Earth—the near side—is completely sunlit and appears as an approximately circular disk. (Wikipedia)

In astrology, the full moon symbolizes completion and abundance. In other words, the intentions you might have set during the new moon usually come to fruition at this time. However, this might require you to release what’s no longer serving you so you can make room for these new manifestations. (From A-Z Animals)

Notes to keep in mind.
  1. Spiritually, the full moon symbolizes deep emotion, completion, and spiritual growth.
  2. Emotions can be extreme during the full moon, and full moon energy can manifest in different ways—you may feel creative, anxious, sensitive, or exhausted.
  3. When the moon is full, focus on celebrating what you've accomplished, feeling grateful for the good things in life, and letting go of things that don't serve you

Mood Board​

MoonMoodboard.jpg

Color Inspiration​

MoonColorPalettes.jpg

Moon Quotes​

• “Don’t worry if you’re making waves just by being yourself. The moon does it all the time.” — Scott Stabile
  • “The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to.“ — Carl Sandburg
  • “The moon is the reflection of your heart and moonlight is the twinkle of your love.“— Debasish Mridha
  • “The moon is the first milestone on the road to the stars.” — Arthur C. Clarke
  • "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the Moon." —Paul Brandt
  • “The Moon is magic for the soul and light for the senses.” —Unknown

Full Moon Affirmations​

• I am so proud of my journey and how far I’ve come.
  • In this moment, I am exactly where I am meant to be.
  • Even when the world is immersed in darkness, I walk forward in faith, love, and light.
  • I choose faith over fear and peace over perfection.
  • Love and gratitude flow to and through me in all moments.
  • Everything is unfolding in perfect timing. I trust. I believe. I receive.
Here's my page inspired by the Full Moon. My inspiration came from one of the full moon affirmations and the top left color palette. This time I did not actually include any moon images.

IChooseFaith800.jpg

Remember, for the art journaling challenges you can create any style of page. You get to decide what art journaling means to you. It can be a traditionally artsy page, clean and simple, pocket style, junk journal or something else. That is up to you.

For this challenge there is one requirement. You need to have a circle on your page representing the moon and have it cover 1/4 - 1/2 of the finished page.

Everyone who participates in any of this month's challenges will be entered into a drawing for a $5 gift certificate to Oscraps. You can receive up to four entries into this month's drawing. Remember, you have all month to complete any or all of this month's challenges.

Challenge Rules:
  1. You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on September 30th to complete your pages for this challenge.
  2. To qualify for the drawing, you need to use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store (non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not).
  3. You need to credit all the products used on your page.
  4. You cannot use a page you create for this challenge for another Oscraps challenge.
  5. Upload your page to the Art Journal Gallery and then add your layout to the challenge thread. (Below you will find instructions on adding your page to this thread.)

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
  1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
  2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
  3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited:

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I love how different these pages are. Inspiration can lead in so many different ways.