Oscraps

Sad

Merkee

My father’s journey with dementia is finally over. I could no longer care for him at home and two months ago we placed him in a nursing home. He broke his hip 2 weeks ago. Surgery was not an option due to his advanced dementia and poor health. He was put on morphine and kept comfortable. He passed away last night.

I just wanted my O’family to know. Many of you have been there for me through this journey with my dad.

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
So sorry for your loss Merkee. I know it has been a long and hard journey for you, being there for your dad. Take care!

SharLamb

Sharron
Bless your heart. I went through something similar with my mother, who died in February. It is a very difficult time of life...for them and us.

dlhoffer

There's no place like hOme!
So terribly sorry for your loss, Merkee...it's been a difficult ordeal for you and your dad, but you did such a wonderful thing in caring for him. Take care and big (((HUGS)))

Ellen

so sad for all but you must be proud of the way you gave him a loving home as long as you could. He'll be at peace now .
Lots of hugs.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Ohhhh Merkee!! How sad for you and your family!! Sending you all my condolences and gentle hugs :hug: So hard to watch your father slowly fade away from you! Try to remember him in his younger days and hold him close to your heart!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
My heart breaks for you. This journey with your father has been long and difficult but you have been an amazing daughter through all of it. I'm praying for you and your family now.

sabdesbois

Feeling at hOme!
My condolences, Markee. It has been a hard time and still will be. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Dady

I am so sad for you and your family, but you were always present for him, I present you all my most sincere condolences, take care of you, he is now happy, he is in peace!

Last edited by a moderator:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Oh sweetie - I am so so sorry. I was actually just thinking about you and him a couple of days ago. ITA with everything that Clara said.
:hug:

ourmisadventures

Awww honey <3 Praying for you. It's rough watching and caring for someone with dementia, you're a strong woman for doing it for so long. Don't rush your grieving, it's perfectly normal and important to do <3