Oscraps

Prayers and good thoughts please.

Merkee

Today my father goes in for total knee replacement surgery on his left knee. He is 81 and not in the best mental or physical health. He had his right knee done about 2 years ago and he does not do well with the pain medications they give him. Please say a prayer that his surgery goes well and that recovery does too. His name is Richard.

Thanks,

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Prayers being said for successful surgery and right combo of meds for pain as well as a speedy recovery

Dumpty

back hOme and loving it
I will keep your father and your family in my thoughts and prayers Merkee.
(((hugs))) to you.

whatnext

lots of prayers and good thoughts being sent his way, Merkee. this is a tough thing for your dad to go through, i can only imagine. if he is put on any antibiotics and begins to deteriorate mentally, PLEASE check to see whether they're giving him Cipro or any other antibiotic in the Quinolone family, then get him switched to a different one. hope all goes well for him.

Ellen

lots of positive thoughts going your and his way .
I do hope the recovery goes well and does not put too much strain on you.
Think of yourself too! big hugs
00462.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

charlize

I will put Richard on the list of my prayer today Merkee ... may God give him the best! Stay strong!

mrstoa

mrstoa
Merkee, my dear - my thoughts and prayers are with you, your father and family.

My DH had a knee replacements few years ago - another man who doesn't do well on pain meds.
Pray, Richard's surgery and recovery goes smoothly

EHStudios

I lOve Me Some O!
Oh Merkee! I just did this last year twice with my Grandma & the first time was awful with pain & me being the only one able to help her, (they didn't do the replacement then hence the 2nd round of surgery). Definitely your dad will be in my thoughts!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Merkee, you know that I will send all my good thoughts and prayers your way! Hoping for a speedy pain free recovery for your Father!! :hug:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Merkee, lots of positive and healing thoughts coming to you and your Dad, hope all goes well during and after the surgery!! xx

Merkee

Thank you everyone. The surgery itself went well though it was delayed an hour and then took longer than anticipated. The surgeon said my dad's knee was in pretty bad shape when he got in there but that my Dad now has a matched set of knees. :)

My dad had a lot of blood loss and also had to have a transfusion. They got that done and then when they were finally getting ready to move him to a room, his heart spiked and became unstable. He has stablized and since been moved to a room. I'm getting ready to go visit him now.

Continued prayers and thoughts would be appreciated.

((hugs & thanks))

ps..Phylis, I will check on the pain meds today.