Oscraps

NSBR Those that pray

Merkee

Would you please pray for us? My brother, husband and I are going convalescent home touring today for Dad. I cannot care for my father any longer. I am not physically able to transfer him. I'm sleep deprived and my health is going to be affected. I've already wrenched my back.

My heart breaks but the reality is he would get better care from a home. I will still visit regulary to supply the love, but the mechanics of day to day living, I just can't do. I would like prayer for guidance on finding the best home that we can and prayer for peace with our decision to place him.

Sigh,

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Oh merkee :( I might not pray in the "traditional" way but I am sending tons and tons of good thoughts to you and your family. It must be a very difficult decision but it sounds like it is the right one for all of you.

Love you!

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I can understand that this decision was not easy Merkee. But for your father and for yourself it is maybe better. The will take good care at thenursing home ! Big hugs !

Ellen

oh sweetie this must be such a heart wrenching decision to make, I know you have not come to this easily and I'm amazed you have managed to look after your dad this long.
I think you can mean more for him when you can hand over the "burden" of looking after him full time.
I have no idea what U.S. nursing homes are like but will pray you find a good one
As a former ward sister in a nursing home I do know that it hurts the family much more to be in one than the person who needs the extra care.
You'll still be seeing him and sharing your love so don't feel you are abandoning him. (Besides which you have to look after yourself and your family as well.)

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
hugs and prayers, sweet Merkee!!!!! Definitely adding you and your dad to my prayer list!!!

dwsewbiz

Will keep you in my prayers dear! I know it is very likely I will have to make this decision for my mom some day...I know how hard it must be. But I am sure it is the right thing and I will pray for your guidance and comfort!

donnagoar

Keeping you in my prayers, Merkee. I feel your sigh and pray you are given strength and giudance as you move through this journey.

val

That is a decision that my familly recently took, and I 300% support it.
in your situation, I do too!

this said it is not easy andI ll be thinking of you sending you strengh and love and a guiltyness ereaser, and you SHOULD NOT feel guilty AT ALL!!!

xoxox merkee!

v

mrstoa

mrstoa
My dear Merkee - I've mentioned to you that I went through the same heart-breaking decision with my own mother. And whilst living in UK I had to make the decision for DH mother as he was in Africa.
You know it's the right decision but it doesn't make it any easier.
You have family to support you and you must take care of them too and yourself!

My prayers are with you - you will find a good home and God will grant you the peace you need.

lotsa hugs
J

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
Thinking of you Merkee, just be proud of everything you have already been able to do for him! I hope you find a great place for him and are able to visit him! take care.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Praying for all of you. Praying that the right place is easy for you to find, that your father receives the best care and for peace in your decision.

SharLamb

Sharron
Praying! 20 minutes ago we got home from the final clearing out of my mother's apartment. She moved into assisted living last Saturday. It was a difficult but necessary decision. We all feel a huge sense of relief, and feel like her new digs are just right. The facility makes us smile. We know she is safe and well cared-for. No more worrying about what she is eating, or if she has fallen and is lying on the floor for hours. By this time next month, I hope you will be as at peace as we are. Bless your heart.

whatnext

Dear Merkee, here's hoping and praying that you all will find peace and comfort in this decision. i can't imagine how difficult this must be. ((hugs))

terryb

This is such a difficult decision for you and heart wrenching too. I'll keep your entire family in prayer.

snowdropz

Don't feel guilty! It's not an easy decision to take but you have tried your best and physically and mentally, it's not possible for you. Hope you are able to find a good home for him.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Merkee ... Such a heartwrenching decsion to have to make!! Been there, done that!! But ultimately you have to take care of you too!! Hugs sweet lady!! Thinking of you often!!

petey111

Oh dear. My heart goes out to you right now. So difficult for you. I know it's a struggle, but you will be able to give him more love now then you could when you were struggling to give him the physical care.

Praying for you dear.

Dady

Merkee, I think of you a lot, be proud of all that you made for your Dad, you are in my prayers.
Take care of you and your family .♥

Dumpty

back hOme and loving it
My heart breaks for you Merkee. Such a hard decision to make. But it is the right one, it's the only way you can go on being there for him, even if you wish you could do more ...
I'll pray for you all
(((hugs)))

LSlycord

I am praying Merkee. Praying for comfort, strength and wisdom as you make the decision and carry it out.

Bush Girl

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Merkee. My grandmother stropped and fought against going to live in a home yet within 6 hrs of moving in she was happy as larry, and spent a very happy 5 yrs in a wonderful home that we all loved.

Adryane

aA Creative Team Member
such a hard decision. i hope you find the strength you need to guide you to the right decision.