Oscraps

New here! (hello from OHIO!)

abandy

Hi friends!!

I've been a lurker for a while at the store and on the forums, and decided to just jump in and introduce myself!

I'm Allie, and I blog at alexandraraedesign.com -- come visit!

A little bit of the basics about me-- I'm a recent college graduate, recent married lady (just celebrated our one year!), from Ohio, and I don't have any kids.

I "discovered" digital scrapbooking in 2007, but it's been a weird discovery, since I was coming from a paper scrapping and photography student standpoint. I was in college, so there wasn't much time to explore it--- and then I "rediscovered" digi scrapping in 2010 and I've been loving it!

Other interests of mine include crafting (hybrid and paper); painting, photography, designing (I'm a graphic designer by trade); TV shows (Favorites include Gilmore Girls, Top Chef, HIMYM, Grey's Anatomy); girly movies, and DIYing the decorating and renovating of the house my husband and I just bought.

Some of my favorite designers include One Little Bird Designs, Paislee Press
... any others that I should check out here?

I'd love to make some digi friends-- introduce yourself! Tell me about yourself! Show me your gallery! I LOVE making new friends!

Ellen

hello Allie welcome to the O , and have fun on your journey to rediscover digiscrapping,

Hybrid is a good combination I think, what else can you do with all your stuff. I look forward to seeing your creations

As to which designers you should check out??

mmm what about the lot, the O designers are all brilliant and there are so many different " styles" here.
As for making friends, just jump straight into the bedlam , join in the challenges , everyone is made very welcOme at the O

SharLamb

Sharron
Hi Allie. You already must know what an awesome place Oscraps is if you've been hovering. I love hanging out here. Designers? Probably depends on your personal style. The reason I found Oscraps was because my Digi-Heroine is Anna Aspnes, so naturally I have to recommend her if you love abstract/artsy. Since getting here, I've also discovered several other designers I've purchased goodies from, so just have fun exploring.

My DD and her family live in Pittsburgh, so we're in your part of the country a couple times a year when we visit (went to the Christmas Story house in Cleveland last year--what a hoot).

Welcome aboard!

abandy

I LOVED Pitt the last time I visited!

Be sure, if you're ever through Ohio again, to visit Mansfield-- it's where Shawshank Redemption was filmed, if you like that movie! Super fun, and we're super proud of it! ;)

LaurieW

lOve the O!
:welcome: to Oscraps Allie- so glad you have decided to delurk. We have such a wide variety of designers here- I started to figure out my style after I started completing the monthly challenges. I must also say howdy neighbor- I live an hour southwest of Mansfield!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Welcome to Oscraps Allie!! My husband is also from Ohio. He's from Cleveland, so we go there several times a year. I am so glad you found us and I hope to see some of your creations in the gallery soon and hope that you make yourself welcome in the forums. We are a fun chatty bunch here.

I don't know who specifically to tell you to check out here because all of our designers are fabulous.

justjen

Well hello there Ohio !!!!!!! I love that word !!!!!!!!!! I'll come back and chat
More I'm making applesauce and my next batch is ready and a kid is yelling at me to wipe thier butt!!!!! Lol. Brb!

justjen

Ok I'm back!!!!!!!! One more batch Togo!!!!! How can you tell I'm a thread hijacker? Lol. Anyways welcome to Oscraps the ppl are so friendly and gosh all the talented ppl not to mention the variety of AMAZING DESIGNERS!!!!!!!!!!!

tylertooo

aA Creative Team Member
Hi Allie - Welcome. I am a California girl now, but I lived in Ohio for about 5 years - way back when. There are some amazing designers here, and the scrapping inspiration is wonderful. Hope to start seeing some of your work in the gallery.

whatnext

hey, Allie! SO good to have you here! i can't wait to see some of your art. all the designers here are wonders. you can't go wrong with any of them. take a tour through all of their stores and see what speaks to you!:welcome:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hi Allie- so nice to meet you- I am from NJ, old married lady with two kids in high school. But I am a huge Oscraps fan and I know that you will love it here!!!

If you like OLB and Paislee, def. check out Fei-Fei's Stuff too. But also check out the other amazing designers we have. I found that I don't really have a specific style-- I love the ALL!! (well, art journaling is not a natural for me, but it sure as heck is fun when I do it LOL)

Justjen- you crack me up! I hope you washed your hands in between wiping butts and making applesauce :pound:

abandy

I'd love to know where IN Ohio my fellow Ohioans are! Message me with details-- I'm thinking we should organize a crop! ;)

tanteva

Mistress of Mayhem
Hi Allie and welcome to the O! I'm Eva and I'm in Sweden. Married and mother to a teenage son, 2 siamese cats and one turtle :)

Well ... every designer here at Oscraps are worth looking into but I say, since you love One Little Bird Designs & Paislee Press, I suggest you look into Fei-fei and Kitty. And while you are in the shop - check out the freebie section - you might find other designers you like :)

mrstoa

mrstoa
Welcome, Allie!

Do check out the Freebie section and our monthly challenges

We have new ones coming up in September and it's a great way to get to know everyone.

I love all our designers so can't pick just one for you!!
The challenges and freebies are a good way to start......

If you need anything just shout! oh, and BTW have a quick look at our Gallery Guidelines they aren't too complicated :)

Hope to see you in the galleries soon - I've been MIA for a bit so catching up on the new "family" members.

Cheers!