Oscraps

Need good thoughts...

justjen

Oooooooooooooo CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well good they are breathing on thier own, I had a few preemies but none that early, but it's amazing how well they can do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's going to be a long haul... but before you know it it will seem like a distant dream! Praying that all goes well!!!!! What a miracle!

Hill

Congrats on the new arrivals in the family. Praying that they will continue to get stronger.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Sending loving thoughts to your family and their sweet tiny ones!! Hope that they will be able to take them home soon all nice and healthy! Those girls will be fighters for sure! Such a miracle!

3littleks

What an amazing story! I am so glad they were born not too early and are doing ok. I will be keeping them in my prayers. <3

yvonnahenna

We went to visit the little girls.
They are sooooo small!!! They have a little cap on their noses where one in a while comes out some oxygen with something-something to help the lungs. They are breathing on their own.
They still are doing pretty good. The smallest has light therapy now.
The back od the girls, shoulders to the end of their to big daipers LOL fit into my hand!! So tiny.
They are about 38 cemtimeters long.
My SIL is doing really good, she's coming home this sunday. But the girls have to stay in Nijmegen.

petey111

Do you guys have Walmart overseas?? I always could find preemie clothes at Walmart. Though at first, blankets and diapers were all we could do because clothes were so big.

Lots of love to the girls Yvonn!

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Thanks everybody!

The babies where born this morning, 5am.
2 girls!! 1200grams and 1300grams. The girls are breathing on their own! They are doing pretty good for time of pregnancy.
My BIL will call us tonight or tomorrow, he was to emotional to speak :)

Congrats Yvon !!!
My daughter weighed 1.150kg at birth, she was more than 3 months in hospital. Because they are so fragile, they are vulnerable to infection. But they little fighters and in good hands !

timounette

CHEERY O
I just discover your post after some holidays. I'm so happy for your family and these 2 little girls.
Congrats Yvon !
Hugs sweetie

amandac

so glad the little ones are doing ok ... its wonderful that they are breathing on their own, great news!

yvonnahenna

Thanks everybody!

Here's a picture of the girls. http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/imkekeijsers/e6f347deb9b7f4c7f163f8c6499af131.jpg putting just the link no prev. Picture may be a bit shocking for some people? Sorry for that.

They get to lay together in the 'couveuse' (no idea about the english word, incubater?) a few hours a day together. But they keep eachother awake, so it's only a few hours LOL
On the picture it looks like lotte is smaller than her sister, but that's not true, they are exactly the same size LOL

The pediatrician said she was 'extremely satisfied' about how the girls are doing! I'm so proud of the little girls when I heard that!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
They are just perfect!!! I am so happy that they get to spend time together, I am sure it would be much more traumatic for them to be separated. Congrats again!!

petey111

Awww. So sweet Yvon. I am so glad they are doing well! They look so much like my little one! They will do great!!!

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
extremely satisfied is a very good thing!

thank you for sharing their picture. I love how they are snuggled up next to each other.

Ellen

oh how cute , good they keep them together for a few hours so they won't miss each other.

yvonnahenna

Thank you ladies.
I know they get home every day around 3pm. So I'll try to call them this evening. Ask how the little one is doing, and what kind of infection.

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Just heard the news that the oldest has an infection.
She's really sick.

As i told you prematures are prone to infections, their resistance is not big.
Fortunately they have at such premature department a lot of experience with it. Jolien had an intestinal infection, although she had several infections. It ensures that they dwell with the grow, first they need to cure the infection.

But they will be fine Yvon, big hugs !!!

yvonnahenna

Just heard from my sil, the little one has an infection on her intestines.
She's really sick, she's on the breathing machine (please tell me the english word for this), and she's fighting for her life.

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
My thoughts go out to the parents and family, and hopefully she get well really soon !!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Oh no :(

Breathing machine= ventilator but we totally know what you meant.

Love hugs and tons and TONS of good thoughts to her and to your family and you too. Please keep us posted.

yvonnahenna

Thanks Chris for the correct word :)

It's not getting any better.. The little one had 2 brain hemorrhages (google tells me it's this word) yesterday.
Bil is deciding today what to do, stay at the hospital the whole day, or stay at home 1 day with their little boy. And the other day to the hospital.

I did some groceryshoppings for them. And when they get home this evening, I'll go and bring them over. Than I more, and hopefully I have better news.

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Prayers for them. Brain hemorrhage is common as their blood vessel walls are thin. Once they get the infection under control she won't have to work so hard.