Oscraps

Just a thought on Facebook

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Find someone you trust and let him/her know your password to Facebook. As you know, my sister passed away on March 24. Facebook can't close down her account until they get a death certificate, which apparently takes time. My sister's birthday was on May 5th, and since "friendship" is a rather shallow thing on Facebook, she received several birthday greetings from people who hadn't heard. This was very hard for her daughter.

To avoid things like this, share your password with someone that can go and delete your profile if something should happen to you. This can avoid a lot of upset for your family.

I totally understand if you want to keep it private, I'm not saying you have to do this. But if you have someone you trust enough, at least consider this.

CindaA

Good idea. I'm sorry your niece has had to experience more pain because of this. If anyone doesn't want to share their password while living, they could always place it with their will.

petey111

Google also has recently started "Inactive Account Manager" to help you manage accounts for loved ones who have passed away.

I'm sorry you have to keep facing this hurt Eva. :-( Hugs.

Åsa

So many things to think about that was never an issue before.

I haven´t thought of this but you made me Eva, thank you for that.

Have my will written. will have to ad al the passwords of importance somehow.

rennemarie

I'm sorry Eva- for you ad your niece. I know when I lost my dad, there were little surprise punches in the stomach that would make the hurt rise to the top all over again. It must have been a hard birthday for you all.

meagan43

This is good advice for all passwords.
Sorry that so many do things automatic without even thinking and that can cause hurt. hugs to you and your neice

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Eva, thank you for taking the time to share this thought. Its not something I had considered before.

Hugs to you and your family on this difficult time -- I miss you here!